Failed to partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Stormyday, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormyday

Stormyday Registered Member

This is what happens:
    I go through the process to make a new partition. It lets me choose the size, name, and it assigns a letter. I click proceed I go to 'commit' and get to a screen that gives me a Warning - A reboot is required for completing this operation; the operation will be cancelled if you choose not to reboot now. So, I click'reboot'. Then the program goes to 'analize partition, locking partitions, checking prtitions - then my computer reboots. Next, a screen comes up 'analyze partitions, assign name, syncronize partitions' and it reboots-AGAIN. When my computer finishes rebooting - there is no partition.

Here's what I have done. I have read quite a few of your FAQ's.
    Uninstalled, downloaded the latest version 10.0.2117-s-en.exe and reinstalled.
    Downloaded the latest version of Acronis drivers - it tells me I already have the latest versions.

I tried to partition again....and same thing happens. I have tried to locate the c:/snapapi.log file to no success.

Now what do I do? I just doesn't want to work on my computer.
    I am on a recently purchaed HP Pavilion running Windows Media, I've got lots of disk space and memory.

Help, please

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Stormyday,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Managing Software

Please note that you can use Acronis Disk Director Suite Bootable Rescue Media to create a new partition.

If the problem still remains could you please download Acronis Report utility available at http://download.acronis.com/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report and send it to us via this link (you need to register before submitting)? This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you.
    --
    Oleg Churkin

3. aoz

aoz Registered Member

This is similar to my problem in a thread today of
    logical NTFS drive, Disk Director doesn't recognize it?

created an extended NTFS partition on the drive, acronis (version 9 Disk director) committed it, says OK, but I boot to windows, adn windows says partition needs formatted (admnistrative tasks, disk management), even though I formatted it in CD boot.
    windows sees it as extended free space.
    After I format in windows it gets seen in windows.

why wouldn't acronis create this partition (new clean drive) and make it work?
    thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.