Failed to create the scheduled task

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dikul, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dikul

dikul Registered Member

Help! I have just downlaoded and installed build 2337 for TI 9. When I tried to do (first) an incremental backup and (later) a full backup I get the following error message:
    "E00640068: Failed to create the scheduled task.

Failed to create the scheduled task. Error #1722 The RPC server is unavailable"

Now what I need is someone with more knowledge than me (not difficult) to tell me what I do now.

Thanks
    Mike
    o_O

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Have your run a manual backup task before the scheduled task was due to run on the same day? This has the effect of postponing the scheduled backup till it is next due to be run.

Xpilot

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Oh dear my finger trouble again ! I meant to post this reply to Whitesnow's query

4. dikul

dikul Registered Member

bump!

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mike,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that Acronis Scheduler 2 Service (Start-Control panel-Administrative Tools -> Services) Startup type is set to Automatic in Properties. If it is not so, make it so.

If the above does not help, run the schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe manually in Windows Task Manager (File -> New Task).
    You can find schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe files in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2.

You can also download schedmgr.exe application to run the service with the commands:

schedmgr.exe service start

If the problem still persists, please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

6. dikul

dikul Registered Member

Dear Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thanks for the reply. It was the very first suggestion that sorted things out - the service was disabled. Now set to Automatic and, as I write, the backup has started.

Thanks again
    Mike:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.