Fail to restore the Windows 7 image to a Thinkpad notebook

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Lovo, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lovo

Lovo Registered Member

Hi guys,

I installed a Windows 7 x64 in a T430 and the system created 3 partitions automatically including the OS. Then I made a image of all these 3 partitions and tried to restore to T410 but failed.

After I loaded the image, nothing happen. Just a blank screen with a single cursor's blinking.

Any ideas on this problem? Do I need to do anything on BIOS setting?

Thank you.

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Some more details would be useful. Is it an UEFI system? What do you see in the disk after the restore? What medium and program did you use for the restore?

Anyway, try to "repair" the system using the Boot Corrector that is the boot medium (either WinPE or Linux).

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

In addition to Robin's comments: Since you are restoring to a different model there may be hardware driver issues. Lock at Adaptive Restore in the user guide. If you are using the free version this feature may not be available.

4. Robin A.

Yes. I didn´t notice that the restore was done to a different model.

5. Lovo

Lovo Registered Member

It is a UEFI system. After I restored, there was just a cursor blinking at the left hand top corner when I boot up. I checked inside the hard disk that 3 partitions were there, same to the original hard disk. I used the Hard Disk Manager to run the backup and restore via a external hard disk.

I will try to repair the system using Boot Corrector and Adaptive Restore, thank you Robin and seekforever.

6. Lovo

Lovo Registered Member

Hi, any clue on how to use this Adaptive Restore in Hard Disk Manager? I failed to find this function.

7. Robin A.

Look in Copying and Migration > P2P (Physical-to-Physical) Adjust OS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.