Fail to restart after a crash

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by wailau, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wailau

wailau Registered Member

Windows 7 64-bit
    I had turned on the safe mode.Then, I click a link on a website.
    Then the firefox browser do not respond, then the browser closes, other program and explorer closes and cannot be reopened. Then a warning message shown by Window ,it said the system has serious mistake and need to restart.
    Problem started, in restart ,window ask me to do chkdsk, it showed a lot of mistake, it takes 2 hours to recover the orphaned files. During the period, I slept for awhile.

Then ,I discovered a message in window recovery mode(colored)said it cannot auto recover the computer. I restart the computer but blue screen shows(it shows bad session or what, I forget).I restart again, it goes the window recovery screen (black and white)and goes into window (colored),after checking, a message said it cannot auto recover the computer again. This cycle repeats.

Also, I check the C: drive has only 162 MB and have no files.I tried to transfer files to it,but it stops after a few of files transfered.It is not yet full. D: drive has 31GB and contains no file. E:drive has 150GB,the files inside are the original C:drive.The original D: drive(contain system recovery files) has gone.

When I am in Window recovery mode (colored), it shows OS: windows 7(E: ) local disk, but when I choose the cmd tool form the menu, it shows "administrator: X\" in the title.
    I guess Returnil has removed the changes I made in Returnil Safe mode as I cannot found them in E: drive. But it fails to put it back the C: drive. Window cannot found the restore point also.
    the problem happened yesterday. Today,when I choose the start Window normally, black screen shows and then it restart again.
    If I choose recovery mode, it goes to window recovery mode(colored) again.A message said it cannot auto recover the computer again. This cycle repeats.
    I hope you can help me to repair my computer ,thank you very much and forgive my poor English, and I am not using English Window system so there maybe some mistranslation.

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello wailau and welcome to the forums :)

Are you able to start the computer in Safe Mode?

Mike

3. wailau

wailau Registered Member

No. There is no any option for me to enter safe mode but only normal mode or system recovery tool

4. Coldmoon

Turn the computer off and then click the F8 key repeatedly (over and over) while the computer starts. Do you get the advanced boot menu? If yes, select "Safe Mode" as the boot choice and then click the enter key.

Does this allow you to enter safe mode?

5. wailau

wailau Registered Member

no. I have tried these and all the keys mentioned on the bootup screen

6. Coldmoon

What is the make and model of the computer? Please try to enter safe mode using:

1. The F2 key rather than the F8 key
    2. The F5 key rather than the F8 key

Did either open the advanced boot menu?

Mike

7. Coldmoon

If that does not work, try to force Windows to enter safe mode by causing an unexpected shutdown. To do this:

1. Start the computer
    2. While the computer is starting, hold down the power button until the computer turns off
    3. Restart the computer

This should cause Windows to present the "WINDOWS DID NOT SHUT DOWN SUCCESSFULLY..." error message with optional modes to start Windows. Select Safe Mode and let me know if this gets you to your desktop.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.