Facebook will offer enhanced security to more people in 2021

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by guest, Dec 26, 2020.

1. guest

guest Guest

Facebook Soon to Add Support for Hardware Security Keys
    Facebook has promised to make the support for hardware security keys available to all users in 2021
    The platform has seen a spike in the uptake of 2FA, so many users are asking for more

December 23, 2020

https://www.technadu.com/facebook-soon-add-support-hardware-security-keys/234537/

2. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

I don't see what is new after reading the article linked above. I have been using U2F for years now on Facebook. One thing Facebook mentioned is the dreaded lockout because someone loses their Yubikey (or similar stick) and without it they have NO access. That is true, except that Yubi's are now super cheap and Facebook lets you setup/authorize multiple keys for your account. Just leave one at home in a safe place and only use that specific stick in an emergency. I use 5 including NFC enabled for mobile applications. Solid security.

3. guest

guest Guest

Facebook will offer enhanced security to more people in 2021
    December 22, 2020
    https://www.engadget.com/facebook-protect-security-monitoring-two-factor-keys-152613046.html

4. guest

guest Guest

Meta Expands Facebook Protect Program to Activists, Journalists, Government Officials
    December 2, 2021
    Meta (Facebook): Expanding Facebook Protect To More Countries

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2021
  5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Thanks for the feedback. I think it's indeed important to buy multiple keys, also for relatives who might need access to your accounts in case something happens.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.