Facebook Wants to Listen to Your Phone Calls +

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by CloneRanger, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

Do they send the people who are active in anti-spying discussions to jails? Nope. Do they legalize in shooting their own citizens down just because they have opposite views? Nope. Do they block certain websites from being accessed nation wide? Nope. Talking about illegal actions.

It's still not that bad really. As I said, don't be someone who is too important to be ignored. I hate to say this, but obscurity is the best tool against privacy invasions. They still know about you, but they don't care about you so they won't be interested to know more about you. Unlike Facebook who wants to know anything about everyone for their own benefits.

And exchanging classified data between government institutions is completely normal, even to other countries. Unless you have a better idea to take care of terrorism, frauds, murders and all those "fun games".

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

We know that those inter-agency connections exist. But we don't know how widely they're being used. Historically, we now know that the FBI blackmailed US politicians to advance its interests. So o_O

And actually, they do block certain websites from being accessed nation wide, sometimes by accident, and with no recourse.

3. guest

guest Guest

@mirimir

Since it will be way too OT, I'll send you a PM.

4. mirimir

Yes, we were getting off topic.

We can at least agree that Facebook snooping is not a good thing.

5. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Some of you obviously don't know the truth.

6. mirimir

As in the truth that will set us free?

7. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

They don't send people to jail because they know that most people don't care about their actions. They control people with the old roman way: bread and circus (soccer, basketball, x country got talent, ~snipped~). Go on the streets and see how many seconds will take them to be label you a terrorist.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
  8. guest

guest Guest

Oh please... please, don't play the conspiracy theory game. I'm already too tired to watch some silly theories being proposed by some political and religious extremists to hijack the thread when people are discussing the possible toxicity of sodium fluoride and water fluoridation. The bottom line is: governments' surveillance is not the same as Facebook's etc surveillance. And also, we all can opt out from using Facebook, but we can't opt out from being a citizen of a state. Now that's a good thing we all have.

BTW, how's Twitter?

9. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

You can opt out of anything you want on Facebook, if you believe that they'll respect your choices. Even if they do, they regularly change their policies or the way you configure your choices, then reset them and make you do it all over again.

10. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

Do you really think obscurity is an answer in anyway?
    Keeping low-profile, for whatever reason, won't suffice.
    With systems that will do basic 2-3-4 hop searches, a data-dragnet will be cast over a lot of people.
    Do you really know that you never talk with someone who has been in contact with a 'terrorist'. Or perhaps you've called someone, who has emailed with someone, who has skyped with a 'terrorist'.
    There you are, basic 2-3-4 hop search and ploink, you're a point of interest.
    So, as long as you don't have any contact with people who might have contact with people who might be 'terrorists', you're fine.
    With or without obscurity.

And whatever Facebook wants or not, everyone is free to use it, or not.
    It seems like complaining; 'They treat me like a different product than yesterday...'.
    You are the product. Deal with it.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  11. guest

guest Guest

Or opt out from using Facebook altogether.

It is enough for most people. If you were in their list, they are not only going to watch over your internet activities, but your whole life. What have you bought, where were you on the last Saturday night, etc.

Do we know that none of the Wilders member here is a terrorist, or a government agent, or a malicious hacker who steal people's bank account passwords? Not that I'm accusing anyone, but with that level of "we don't know" scenarios, anything could happen. Chemistry teachers know how to make bombs, do the governments lock chemistry teachers in isolated jails or ban chemistry in schools? They do not.

But that's obscurity.

For the people with low monthly salary like me, indeed. We will always be the products, pawns, and assets of the big guys up there. The only option we have, is to choose which puppeteer who will give the most advantage that we can take. Facebook is not one of them IMO.

12. Reality

Reality Registered Member

I would think this is a forum that lends itself to its participants needing to rely on the written word to be correct. Why then, parrot phrases that are senseless? these 2 words are a mismatch, they simply don't belong together. A conspiracy is based on fact, a theory is not.
    Where?

13. guest

guest Guest

That's the term of the wild possibilities proposed by some people about what has happened in this world, what's happening, and what will happen. You know, things like the "new world order" nonsense.

I have already answered that today, so I'll just copy-paste it.

14. RollingThunder

RollingThunder Registered Member

Facebook is the largest security violation we have ever encountered yet people gladly turn over their private data. Law enforcement dream. Smacks of the German Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels, if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to be afraid of. How about it rephrased a little bit. Keep government and corporate hands off my private data then I know I don't have anything to be afraid of.

15. Reality

I thought that's what you meant, but just wanted you to say it plain. :)

Im one of those proponents of what you call nonsense. Time is a great leveler and time will tell. Poohoo all you want. People can choose to face the facts as they're presented, like from a lot of links on this website, or not. There is enough evidence to join the dots on whether the NWO is false or true. Fact: Heads of govts are freely and publicly announcing that "what we need is a NWO" and have been for a number of decades now. What does that tell you? At some point you either say true or false or go into denial. Further discussion is out of the jurisdiction of these forums, BUT nevertheless still holds an integral part of the privacy and security in which we all hold so dear, or so you would hope, from the posters here at Wilders....that is unless youre lurking as an NSA agent or something. :)

You can lead a horse to water...

If you havent done so, why dont you read about the overreach of the 5eyes of Prism, including but not limited to the NSA, of which you seem to downplay as somewhat harmless. (If youve got nothing to hide....) All the big boys (M$,Google Facebook Apple etc) kow-tow to the SPY machine. They are not as independent as you think.

When I said "where?" I meant within this thread.

16. guest

guest Guest

Then I feel sorry for you, lol. But in all seriousness, those kind of scenarios and predictions are not going to serve any good purposes. People will just randomly think about something and making it publicly without valid evidence backing up their statements. The religions/cults related ones are just the most hilarious. Crop a satellite view map of a city, draw a pattern according to the city layouts, and claim it as a huge satanic insignia.

But eh, I'm getting off. To keep it stay on topic, Facebook is not brainwashing the youth so they can make them as their private army while placing some of their agents in the governments, so they can spread their ideology to dominate this world. They are not doing that. Facebook is just yet another company who is trying to make as much profit as possible, whatever it takes. Nothing more, nothing less. Period! :isay:

Why should I? I've already got the big picture. And I never said Google and friends are independent to not giving the government agencies some data if they asked it. But they'll do that even if governments are not telling them to do so anyway. They're making profit. As long as there's the money, they can do whatever they want.

And I've already said not here.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013
  17. Reality

Thats OK. :) Nevertheless, time will tell, for the naysayers.
    Wrong. If theyre based on fact, they serve as proof to those who have ears to hear and eyes to see.:)
    Mostly yes, if you don't wanna cry that is, but all that's just part of building a better smokescreen anyway.
    Really? where might that be?
    OK, lets get back then..:)
    Umm if Ive got you right, I dont think anyone speculated as much.

As far as FB and the mighty dollar, yes money is a key factor but it is not all there is. Its a means to an end. That end is surveillance to control the masses. In the final analyses, control that will "deal with" dissenters.
    ...and if they do, all the better for the controllers. Someone who does the govts' purposes unwittingly is easier to pull into line than someone who fights back. (or says they are)
    So you'll learn the truth and see a bigger picture than youre seeing now.
    I know that now, but you still havent said exactly where....youve just pasted.

18. guest

guest Guest

PM.

Oh I've already understood how this world works. The more money you have, the more things will go according to your plans. As everyone has noticed by now, I'm not an idealist. My opinions, my actions, my goals are mostly based on rational calculations and valid facts. Sorry, but I'm not interested about people's dreams and optimisms. Good day. ;)

19. Reality

PM
    If you could give me a link thx.

Yes I agree about the money side, for now, but even that will crash.

Im not interested in dreams and optimisms either when it has anything to do with ascertaining the facts.
    Opinions are just that, assumptions which may or may not be true. Facts are based on proof.

Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.