Facebook IPO Is US Intel Operation?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by CloneRanger, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

A bit much, but there is no doubt that intel agencies from various countries are all over the place in there. They would be passing up golden opportunities if they weren't. Facebook being funded by them, I don't see any proof of that or reason for it to be true.

3. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Comedy gold. 2 thumbs up from me.

EDIT: Don't take me seriously though. I'm a disinformation agent.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  4. x942

x942 Guest

The second I saw it mention New World Order I closed the page. What garbage. :/

5. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

The idea that everyone will be "wired" and be mind controlled is truly garbage. An actual "One World Government", which is what it should be called, is not really garbage at all, can very easily happen, and has many, many supporters. There is a big difference in the novel "1984" and what a real life one government scenario would entail. The article itself is just one of those "scare stories", intentionally drummed up to make some quick publicity.

If you want to concern yourself with government funded fronts, look more at Tor than Facebook. There's a much much better chance at it being funded and operated by intelligence agencies than the biggest social site in the world. Facebook is just a playground they inhabit, not anything more.

6. x942

x942 Guest

I'm not sure if "easy" is the right word. There are to many issues that would cause it too fail if it was attempted (at least right now). How ever I don't think it would have to be a bad thing either. A one world democracy could be a good thing if it was done right (Kind of how some shows have shown it like Star Trek). For this to happen enough governments would have to be in agreement and that won't happen for years. The EU (European Union is an example of such a government on a smaller scale) and that took years of debating to be formed. I think easy is relative.

As per the topic - I agree. Facebook is no intel operation ( I mean it doesn't need to be when you are volunteering information to it already and all they need is a subpoena at best). Something like TOR that was actually funded by the US Navy has is way scarier as a potential honeypot, but even that is a stretch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.