F-Secure

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have been attempting to see if FS would upgrade my 3 year OEM 2006 to 2007. Today I finally got the answer, which was "Yes." They sent me a download link and it was for the Internet Security instead of the AV. I have installed and updated it, and it is running real well, and the license shows expiration in three years, 2010.

I had trialled the FS IS on my laptop and it ran well as did the AV.
    In spite of the time it took, I am very pleased with their decision, and also the Internet Security suite. I do not necessarily want the suite, but since it runs well I am glad to take it. I uninstalled Kerio 2.1.5.

I am running the 6 months trial of FS AV that is available through Microsoft, and it is running flawlessly so far on my desktop.

I hope that KAV will be able to solve whatever caused the problems of not starting and "having to shut down."
    I have a two year license for KAV, and have no regrets as I believe it will be corrected in time. It ran well on both of my computers until MP2, and then even MP1 caused me problems when I returned to it.

In the meantime hooray for F-Secure. I experience no slowdowns in surfing, and about a minute longer at start-up compared to KAV. I admit I miss the fast scans of KAV.
    I guess I will see how it shakes out.

Best,
    Jerry

2. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Very good news Jerry! :thumb:

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thank you.
    It is interesting that it shows as OEM on the interface. Not sure what that means in the real world since it is evidently supported.

Regards,
    Jerry

4. Simon6776

Simon6776 Registered Member

Glad it's finally sorted for you, Jerry. My original OEM CD installation also had 'OEM' on the interface, but I have subsequently installed downloaded versions, and it's disappeared. Not sure what will happen when I eventually get round to using the OEM license. At the moment, I have 3 months to go on my FSIS 2006 license, which was a retail version.

My only problem now is the stalling scans, which I am still waiting for them to resolve, but I think it's probably something else on my PC which is causing it.

5. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

The only experiences I have had with OEM was XP Home and now Vista. The only difference (as far as MS is concerned) is that OEM's are supported by the builder/installer, not MS. MS only supports retail versions. Since I am the installer I will have provide my own support, lol. It doesn't matter to me because I have NEVER had to contact MS support. I always found support on various forums on the net.

Some FUD was going around about Vista OEM's not being upgradeable but I have disproved that by using Anytime Upgrade to upgrade from Home Premium to Ultimate.

I was wondering what F-Secure's policies were on OEM's myself. It is good to see that they do support upgrades.

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I wonder if I will have to do the same for 2008 if there is an upgrade. I guess I won't worry too much about next year.:D :D
    Best,
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.