F-Secure reviewed at Remove-Malware.com:Bad results

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by emperordarius, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well, you can have generic signature which doesn't require an exact match.
    Then yet again, heuristics don't work if there is no rule for something specific.

2. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

this is what I thought as I'm run F-Secure at times , I strongly doubt on a clean machine that F-secure wouldn't keep you clean. OK so it doesn't fully clean a machine trashed by malware I still don't see this as a solid test. Last year my wifes machine had vundo on it, I had to use 4 av's on it to clean it & F-secure was one that helped clean it & in fact found a buried entry that none of the others ( no av names to avoid comparisions) found. Sometimes one av will not find & clean a machine, I have had this a couple times. Once with my wife once with my daughter...

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

plus your missing the fact that f-secure has already created an internal beta that is better at malware cleaning after the test. how many companies would do that and so fast?

4. s4u

s4u Registered Member

How do you know?

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

link 1
    link 2

6. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Reading those email replies, F-Secure demonstrates how good customer service can be. :thumb:

7. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Even with all their flaws, F-Secure has a VERY GOOD tech support. I remember, when F-Secure failed to quarantine and got my system infected.

Within 48 hours F-Secure, nailed the problem. Plus had the magnanimity to admit faults in their product. That is something you almost never see, with other companies. :thumb:

F-Secure 2009 may not be all that appealing product right now. But clearly they have the heart and mind in the right place. Its only a matter of time, that they will bring out a killer product.

8. removemalware

removemalware Registered Member

Just and update guys (an thanks very much for the thread too!!!) F-Secure Dev sent me an email stating that they would have a new build for me to test this week. I'm supposing some of the fixes would address the torrent of popups from their HIPS engine.

9. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Sounds like good news to me

10. Nightwatch

Nightwatch Registered Member

Hi :)

Any news about the update and the improvements ?

11. patrikr

patrikr AV Expert

Unfortunately it's taking a bit longer to make the build than we originally thought but we're definitely working on it.

--
    Patrik
    F-Secure Security Labs

12. Nightwatch

Nightwatch Registered Member

Thanks for the Update! Take your time to make it reliable :)
    Keep up the good work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.