F-Secure Rename

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by mikel108, Dec 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

Well I took F-Secure 2005 out for a test run last night. I have been using it for about 2 weeks now. I am really liking this AV. The wife and kids went to bed early, so I though, hey lets see what this thing will do. I visited warez, searialz and other nasty type of websites :rolleyes: . F-Secure picked up 21 viruses!

One thing that I"m still not sure I like is how it deals with viruses.

When the resident shield popped up it wanted to disinfect right then. Of course since the viruses were in the temp file it could not clean them so it renamed them. This was nice. 2 previous AV's that I have used would either find them in an on-demand scan or the resident shield would pop up recommending a scan. Of course they could not clean them (because they were in the temp file) so I would end up deleting all temporary internet files to get rid of them. F-Secure made it much easier. But...

My question is about the rename function. Why is there no virus vault? Once F-Secure renames them, you cannot open them(supposedly). What if it is a false positive?? Will you still be able to change it back after you rename, so the file will work?? Also, the only reference you can find about the so called virus, is in the log. However, once you do another scan the previous log file is gone. I don't understand why they do something like this so different than almost every other AV vendor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.