F-Secure Internet Security 2012 beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by CogitoTesting, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duradel

Duradel Registered Member

I've got the add-on already but didn't check whether that works. Did anyone else notice the F-Secure browsing protection working once they disabled the add-on compatibility checking for it?

2. yaslaw

yaslaw Registered Member

They going to push firefox 5 addon on 8 july as I heard on their forum

3. cobrafirefly

cobrafirefly Registered Member

I just disabled the firefox add on because it was a whole row in itself and looked horrible. Also I hardly ever use firefox anyhow, so its meh to me.

4. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

u can change it by right clicking the toolbar to make it smaller, it will look kinda like WOT's little button wen u do that.

5. cobrafirefly

Nice. Thanks!

6. Duradel

Back to testing the F-Secure IS 2012 Beta again. Anyone know when they are releasing a build compatible with Firefox 5?

I might email their support team if no one knows.

EDIT: An update was meant to be available on the 7-8th of July 2011 but now it will be available in 2-4 weeks time as mentioned on the F-Secure Beta forums.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  7. fredra

fredra Registered Member

@Duradel
    Would you be kind enough to provide the URL where you got that information?
    Thanks
    Cheers :D

8. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

That wouldn't be possible. Only beta testers (such as myself and Duradel) have access to the beta forum.

9. cobrafirefly

If it makes you feel any better, the quote was accurate.

10. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Thanks... I found it ;)
    Cheers :D

11. Duradel

If you sign up for the beta you get instant access to the beta forum and can ask questions specific to development on there. The mods seem to be taking a keen interest in feedback which is nice.

Performance-wise F-Secure IS 2012 is pretty good. When doing a quick scan it was only using between 80-90MB of memory. With the toolbar disabled there is no performance hit on web browsing (compared to having no antivirus enabled) as far as I can tell. The firewall has more default profiles available which makes it easier for the standard user to find one which allows LAN printer & file sharing.

Even without the F-Secure website phishing toolbar add-on working properly, the Deep Guard technology still seems to instantly pick up most malware once the files are executed.

Benefits for beta testing participants - Quoted from website

"A free six-month subscription during which you will automatically receive latest updates to the product

An opportunity to influence the final product

Rewards for best suggestions and for active feedback"

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  12. jaodsvuda

jaodsvuda Registered Member

Hoping to see that blue "F"-shield logo near "Scan nnn for Viruses" line in F-Secure IS 2012 context menu.The 2011 version doesn´t have it,and I'm having trouble spotting that option every time I want to scan some file.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  13. Duradel

I reported the same thing just a little while ago. There's isn't much wrong with the software apart from a few minor details.

14. yaslaw

yaslaw Registered Member

Regarding FF5 support

"

15. Duradel

Anyone who is upgrading from the previous beta version to this one remember to un-install the previous version first and then run the installer for the new version. I didn't and had to boot into safe mode because my computer locked up constantly due to an uninstaller problem in the beta.

I love how the F-Secure toolbar works fine with FF5 now. No lag browsing websites which is nice :thumb:

Example of the F-Secure antiphishing module blocking a malicious website:

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae97/Vorstus/F-Secure2012AP.jpg

I tested about 10 samples and between the Firefox built-in phishing protection and F-Secure's phishing protection nothing got onto the computer. In all cases the file was intercepted before the file was downloaded.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  16. thanhtai2009

thanhtai2009 Registered Member

2012 B R43 will be released tomorrow
    @F-Secure 2012 coming soon :>

17. thanhtai2009

thanhtai2009 Registered Member

Features introduced in F-Secure Internet Security 2012 Release Candidate R44:

* Firewall default profile was changed from "Office" mode to "Normal". This new mode is more relaxed for "Home" usage. There should be less problems with games.
    * Online Safety for Windows Vista and 7 is shipped with improved Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) functionality. The driver is loaded only if "Web page filter" is turned on.
    * Hosts file infections are removed before installation start.
    * Bug fixes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.