F-Secure Internet Security 2009 beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Ade 1, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waterfox

Waterfox Registered Member

15 processes!!??!! o_O That's a bit on a heavy side.

2. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

F-Secure has always had a high number of processes but most don't really use that much memory. Also, if you've got at least 1 gb ram surely that's not going to have that much of an impact. You could call it 'heavy' because there's more processes than other av software but FS IS 2008 is running great for me - I do have 4gb of ram though!

Anyway, I'm going to reinstall the ISTP on my laptop and see if the updates are working. If not, I've got an email for FS Support asking me to do a few things and send them some more info.

3. mllopes

mllopes Registered Member

When i right click over F-Secure tray icon and then click about i still get build 101 and av module 7.30 is this ok?

4. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

I have FSIS 2008 on 1G/ram, and it runs no heavier than separately installed FW/HIPS/AV and AS apps. Can't wait for FSIS 2009 to go final. My better half doesn't allow betas on the family pc since the last re4mat :oops: :doubt: :rolleyes:

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thanks for the info Patrik.
    i will test the beta again once f-secure replys to my bug report.

6. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

You need to download the new build either from the link contained in your registration key email (pointing to fs2008.exe) or download from here

Then just run the installer and install over the top of your existing build. After a restart, should show up as build 103 with anti-virus 7.44.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2008
  7. mllopes

mllopes Registered Member

Ok Thank you for your help, have installed the new version and all went well, however i think its strange the program not updated itself when he is looking for updates.
    I also didnt receive any email regarding this new version.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2008
  8. patrikr

patrikr AV Expert

It's a different team that handles those so I can't really help but let me know if things aren't resolved and I'll do my best to push on my end.

Patrik

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thanks i will let you know if that team dont reply.

10. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Yeah I know it's annoying. I wouldn't haven't known about the new build if I didn't visit the 9down site often.

I think FS should at least show the latest build available when you go on their site and look at each product individually. At least then you feel that they are making you somewhat aware if you're up to date or not.

11. wildvirus88

wildvirus88 Registered Member

F-Secure team is very responsible in give us a feedback... Including Patrik, that always answers my questions.... ;)

12. vhick

vhick Registered Member

i experiencing some lags here in my machine...

but i will continue testing it...:)

13. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

I received a reply from support regarding the update issue mentioned earlier and they said their component update team is looking into this so fingers crossed.

Something odd I noticed also was when I look at the 'about' section, the anti-virus module is not listed at all - it's usually the first one as per other FS products which suggests to me that it hasn't installed properly. Support recommened doing a complete uninstall using the FS uninstallation tool which I did plus cleaning up any left over folders inc. temp folders. I reinstalled but still the same - would really like to test this but I've had to uninstall for the time being until the update issue is sorted out.

I'll await to hear from support again.

14. lodore

lodore Registered Member

the updates now work fine. just installed it.
    once the automatic updates are installed it will tell you there is a new version avalible and if you click on yes it will temporary disable f-secure run the setup and ask you to reboot. on the next startup f-secure loaded almost instantly.
    it has some bugs but its a beta so its expected. there is something about the f-secure splash screen and icon in sys tray that makes you feel "secure"

is superantipyware have any issues along side f-secure released versions?
    when i was trying to update superantispyware with f-secure beta it took forever and the task bar wasnt working so had to minimize all applications to get the update window to show to close it.
    wondering if it was a compatibility issue or just a bug with f-secure 2009 beta.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  15. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Hi.

Just seen that the FS2009 Release Candidate has just been released. F-Secure Internet Security 2009 Release Candidate v8.40
    (build 12:cool:.

It's the same link as I posted at the beginning of this thread. Think I'll give it an install later.

(Regarding SAS, I only use the free version for on-demand scanning once a week as I don't feel it's necessary to run anything else when using FS IS but that's just my opinion).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.