f-secure internet secuity

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by lodore, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi
    its definatly f-secure slowing my pc down no doubt about it now.
    I open up my email program mozilla thunderbird thats the only program running.
    I know i have 86 processes running and i could really make it less but thats not the point atm. everything wants to run in the background itunes i dotn really use it cameras etc. why do they insist on running all the time in the background.
    anyway back to the point. the point is as follows, so I open thunderbird then go to open a email that has an attachment and it went so slow opening it and i couldnt do anything till its opened and finished scanning it. i mean omg just thunderbird open and opening one email with an attachment and it almosts locks up. thats just not right at all.
    also even when im just browsing through nero. i really dont get why its so slow just doing these simple tasks. i guess its the kaspersky engine and thats why kaspersky invented "scan new and changed files only" because people have said if they turn off "scan new and changed files only opening folders and normal programs is slow but im lumbered with it unless i keep getting annoyed any just buy kaspersky or antivir. im really thinking of getting rid of it.

lodore

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  2. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

lodore

I agree with you. I used it for more than 2 years and it definitely needs major improvement in the 'Resources Department'. But i will say this. As far as protection goes, 'F-secure' is hard to beat!.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thanks for agreeing with me and your right the detection is hard to beat but for around the same price i could get kaspersky 6 and not have the slow downs or fnod32 or antivir. so you can get an av with same detection for the same or less money that down slow my pc down. so thats why i find it really annoying.

anyone know of any discounts on the following,
    nod32?
    kav? or kis?
    antivir premium?

because f-secure is driving me nuts!!!!!!

lodore

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I don't know of any discounts on those three now. Not long ago Newegg had KAV6 on sale for $24.99. But if F-Secure bothered me that much I would just get the least expensive of the three if it worked on my machine. Any of the three would give you outstanding protection, and you already know that.

I wouldn't go crazy for the cost of a good AV that made me happy.

Best,
    Jerry

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thanks jerry. i found out I could get nod32 on student discount. but antivir is about the same price as nod32 on student discount i think

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi Lodore,

I have not tried Avira, but I think you have if I remember correctly. If it runs well and seems light why not go for it.
    One thing about KAV is that it is relatively expensive. That would be a factor for a student.

Why not, considering the price, just go for the least expensive between NOD and Avira. Personally considering the detection in the last two AVC tests, I would go for Avira if I had found it to be good on my machines.

Best,
    Jerry

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thanks I really do like antivir. its really light doesnt even slow down a budget laptop. fast scanning. I certainly reccomend it. its around £13 for such a great av and i would report fp's if I came across any. but should i wait till the suite is out because i do like the firewall in the beta atm. antivir is almost unreal great heristics quite fast signitures fast scanning and to top it off an interface so easy to use anyone can use it couldnt be simpler. status,gaurd,mailguard,sedgular,reports.
    how easy is that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.