F-Secure Clnt Security 6.0 or Norton 2006?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by rokko, Oct 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rokko

rokko Registered Member

Which is better?
    Thanks.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have F-secure internet 2005 and I would take Norton everytime, which I have;) In my opinion norton runs lighter and protects better also.

3. hardhead

hardhead Registered Member

I cannot say which of the 2 is better since I have not ever used F-Secure Clnt Security 6.0.:p
    However I do use NIS 2006 and I'm very pleased with it. Here's a sneak peak of some screenshots that I have took here. Hope this may help you decide.:cool:

4. rokko

rokko Registered Member

Thanks. Yes, NIS2006 looks great . But still, how about detection rates, etc...
    Also, I already have F-Secure... Should I move to another AV...

5. hardhead

NAV has been good for me in the past 5 years. That's one reason why I stick with it.
    That's something you have to decide for yourself. I really cannot say. I'm sure others may step in and give there 2 cents too.;)

6. bigc73542

Nav has also been good to me. but you need to trial different av's and see how they run on your comp. What works well for me won't necessarilly work the same way for you.;)

7. bigc73542

check the detection rates here.http://www.av-comparatives.org

8. rokko

rokko Registered Member

I know this report on the site you mentioned, Norton has 98.xx %, second after KAV. But they do not test F-secure:mad:

9. hardhead

10. bigc73542

11. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i would agree with bigc except for two thing. f-secure might have a slight lead over norton in detection rates. second, im not fond of either suite's firewall, unless u just mean norton av.

12. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

I am a big fan of F-Secure. However, I will admit that it does run heavier then NAV, on the 2 systems I have tried it on.

13. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

I see from the screenshots that NAV 2006 has it's own version of a Security"shopping' Centre. I am moving to a suite in the next few months so that it is easier for my family to learn to run. I guess I can cross NAV off now. When I go to a grocery store I don't want a display that tells me on the way out that "You did not buy pop' you did not buy chips" ... you are not fully protected against hunger. Anyways, you get my point. I will not be spammed by a product I purchase.

14. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Hi hardyhar. I checked out you thread over at Calender of Updates forum. Very nice. One question. Are you getting daily updates through LiveUpdate with NAV 2006?

15. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

Since you already have F-Secure I would recommend to stick with that. F-Secure is a excellent product wich will give you top of the bill protection. If you want to switch, first await till your license turns out :) (well that's my opinion...)

16. hardhead

17. javagreen

javagreen Registered Member

If you already have F-Secure then worry not, you have one of the BEST protection suite the industry has to offer (The other one being KAV).

Do NOT even consider moving away from F-Secure, unless you're having some sort of software conflicts, incompatabilities or other unresolvable issues, that is.

I've used numerous versions of F-Secure software on my desktop (and FSAV for Servers on my server) and have stayed with F-Secure AV Client Security 6.0. It's a rock solid product, detection AND cleaning is the best and atleast I personally do NOT notice any slowdown OR sluggishness on my machine which is a fairly old machine (AthlonXP 2000+, 40 gig HD, 1 GB Ram with 32 mb shared for video) It worked equally well back when I had 512 MB ram too, no slowdowns or any such.

18. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

19. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

I fully agree with this story, although I like to add something. Especially I think F-Secure is the best suite avalable right now. For at home but also for business. Kaspersky makes a truly great antivirus, but their firewall is not top notice and doesn't integrate with the antivirus interface. Same with NOD32, better said they don't offer a firewall at all. Hope this makes sense :)

20. rokko

rokko Registered Member

Thanks javagreen and StyleWarz (ne nado voyni :). After some testings I see that F-secure Client Security is the exact solution for me, it is rather light (in comparison with F-Sec. Int. Sec. 2006), it is rock solid suite indeed, and your suggestions were too appropriate. Thanks.:D

21. liang_mike

liang_mike Registered Member

I am also promoting F-Secure over Norton. I feel more comfortable with F-Secure's firewall GUI and antivirus protection.

It seems that you have decided on F-Secure. Remember to post your review.

22. javagreen

javagreen Registered Member

Glad we could help :D

23. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

F-Secure Client Security 6.0

I also endorse FSAVCS6. We have been using it at our office since early this year and it has been nothing short of excellent. In spite of the comments about it being resource-hungry, we have not experienced any problems whatsoever in that regard - not even with our oldest PCs (1.8GHz P4s with 512MB RAM running WinXP Pro).

Don't lose track of the #1 issue and that's protection - and in that regard FSAVCS6 has a perfect 'score' in keeping our office PCs infection-free. I believe that has do (in no small part) to its 4 active scanners! Furthermore, although others here have maligned its firewall, we find it to be very capable in policing incoming and outgoing traffic. Last but not least, FSAVCS6 provides excellent management features.

Hope that provides you with some added assurance. ~pv

Edit: I just wanted to add another observation. As can be seen from my sig., my Home PC's security is comprised of KAV, Outpost and Ewido. While I consider this to be a very good contingent of security products, I would rather have FSAVCS6 (if only I could afford it)!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.