F-Secure 2013 released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by thanhtai2009, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

thought i would try f-secure (basic version) after good reports from workmates. i have to say that i am mightily impressed with the 'deepguard' component of f-secure. it seemed to catch virtually everything it didn't have a signature for :thumb:

performance wise i noticed zero slowdown, although this was on a quad core with SSD's

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

F-Secure is very good,I have tried the Antivirus on netbooks and its pretty light.I am Currently using F-Secure for a Mac and I love it.

3. Sher

Sher Registered Member

Malwarebytes never found anything for me. I'm not going to use it for a while.

4. treehouse786

i really want to switch to f-secure but i hate how you need to open the stupid little gadget thing first just to get to the user interface.

5. Amin

Amin Registered Member

:thumb: me too... but that doesn't change anything for me. just taking more time :d

Regards,
    Amin

6. treehouse786

we currently use AVG business edition for our clients at work but i was leading a charge to change our clients to f-secure. dont think i will pursue it anymore due to this annoying gadget. i can see it being a nuisance for our support staff and computer illiterate clients.

its ok for home users (albeit not for me) but you should really be able to disable it in a corporate environment.

7. Amin

Amin Registered Member

i understand :thumb:
    and you forgot to mention the installation process , it really is like launching a rocket, yes that hard :thumbd: :thumbd:
    F-Secure should do something about providing users a good offline installer.it's not like every one has access to internet.

Regards,
    Amin

8. treehouse786

Amen Amin :thumb:

9. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

I tried the trial of this the other day. Install went badly and ended up being corrupted. I uninstalled and tried it again. On retry, the install stopped halfway through and I was informed that my trial subscription had ended. I had it on my system less than 24 hours, so I tried both online support and opening a ticket with F-Secure. Both informed me "too bad" and "nothing they could do" even when I gave them my email and informed them I had used it less than 24 hours and should still have 29 days on my trial. Again I got the reply of "too bad" and "that is just the way it is". Almost all other companies would have issued a temporary license to me so I could finish the trial. I was even told to "try it in a VM" or "on a different computer". I replied I did not have a VM setup and besides I want to test it on this PC with this setup to evaluate how it does, not in a VM or another computer as that would give me no clue to how it works on this system. Again the reply of "too bad". After this experience I myself personally will never think of F-Secure as an option nor recommend it to anyone in the future. It seems so many companies nowadays do not realize that good customer service before the sale is just as important as good customer service to those that have purchased their product. It seems their trial is one install for 30 days and not a true 30 day trial period. If you have any problem at all during that time and have to uninstall, you are basically screwed.....

Two :thumbd: :thumbd: down to F-Secure for the customer service to a potential customer.

10. Amin

Amin Registered Member

Sad story Kent

I also had the exact issue same as yours. :doubt:

Regards,
    Amin

11. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi Amin,

Yes a very sad story indeed. They made me feel like they could care less if I purchased their product or not. I just think if I was treated this way when considering giving them my hard earned money, how would they treat me once they had my money? Really no reason for them to care then as my money would done be in their pockets.

12. treehouse786

i too had the same issue, i solved it by uninstalling f-secure with IObit uninstaller and reinstalling f-secure :thumb:

13. Sher

Sher Registered Member

I hate them for being stubborn about not releasing an offline installer. Pathetic.

14. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

although i personally used f-secure in the past and always thought highly of them, customer service was... less then stellar. also, it's not long ago (maybe 4-5 months) when our network administrator ditched f-secure. too many problems, he said.

15. Sher

Sher Registered Member

I have never had any software-related issues with F-Secure. The software is great like Kaspersky.

16. Amin

Amin Registered Member

Nowadays kaspersky is great like F-Secure ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.