F-Secure 2010 A sneak peak

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cqpreson

cqpreson Registered Member

Yes,I totally agree with you.If setting ASK,we need to determine if a thing is legal and normal.But we are not good at that.

2. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

It seems the ISTP actually checks every hour by default.

3. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Belated response but just to say Patrik that this worked for me. Thanks.

4. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

edit : it seems Gemini engine(DeepGuard) only used on execution ... so on create/modified wont be any heuristic warning....

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  5. Soul II Soul

Soul II Soul Registered Member

Where is this Option?
    I can´t find the known Firewall Settings, so actually all installed software have per default permisson to the internet!? :blink: Under the Internet Tab there is only browser security.
    Isn´t my setup complete?

http://www.abload.de/img/sshot-1l0j7.jpg

6. Patrician

Patrician Registered Member

I've been running ISTP for a couple of weeks now and here are my thoughts:-

It's much lighter than previous versions of F-Securee IS but it does slow my boot time to Desktop by around seven seconds compared to Avira Premium, so there is still room for improvement there.

The time it takes to update from new install is way too long. This should never be more than ten minutes really.

The Application Control interferes with the operation of some games, namely The Trackmania series, and ocasionally Lord of The Rings Online, both of which it prevents from running, despite both apps being set to "allowed".

The Application Control can also be very anoying, even in the default setting. For instance when launching Far Cry 2 you have to alow the exe file to access the EA servers, you then get prompted by it to alow the EA Updater software, which gets updaded so you get prompted twice more, once to let for exe be updated and again to allow the updated exe to access the internet. The you have to allow Far Cry's files to be updated, then it asked, once more, for you to allow the updated Far Cry 2 exe to access EA servers. All this just to alow a game to update it's self. Alowing Steam updates games in Steam is just as problematic.

Sometimes, and for now disernable reason, on windows 7, it will suffer a failure of some kind, cause the boot to Desktop time to become around three minutes and will show "Malfuntion" in the System Tray.. A reboot fixes the issue but still a pain in the neck.

I hope these issues can be sorted as I think it could be a pretty good product but at the moment I have stopped using it as it is just too anoying.

7. NobleT

NobleT Registered Member

the official versions of FS2010 which build 246 has been relased,and its interface make a good impression to me,FS2010 changed engine form kaspersky to bitdefender.and the number of processes is reduced to 8.my pc is old but i did not feel very lag.so FS make a good source occuping。。some disadvantage is that the updating is very slow and the detection seems to be weakened 。。。but i still support the F-Secure~~

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  8. cupez80

where do you get final release ? nothing on f-secure website...

9. NobleT

NobleT Registered Member

10. ahh

ahh Registered Member

11. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

^
    I wonder what Patrik has to say about it :D

12. cupez80

ive downloaded and installed FIS 2010 from that website( link to F-Secure e-store Official website ). and from what i can see it isnt fake :D

13. ahh

ahh Registered Member

You might be right, I haven't tested it myselves, only saw the same page (betanews) refered to as in the forum where patrik said that those might be fake.

"Until you see us posting it on our website I'd strongly advise you not to download it as it can be a compromised version containing malware or other nasty things."

But I see now it links to download.f-secure.com so I might have to retract my statement. But lets wait till Patrik say yeah this is the real final thingie :]

14. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

If you go on the F-Secure website I see that "existing" customers can download the official release (it's shown as the flash advert at the top).

Link - http://campaigns.f-secure.com/upgrade2010/index.html

I've downloaded the fs2010.exe file and the digital signature is dated the 9th July compared with the last ISTP which is dated 18th June.

If you don't have a current license I'm not sure if it allows for the usual 30 day trial or not as my F-Secure license ran out sometime ago.

But at least it's the official release from the official FS site.

15. cupez80

is the official release has the same build with the one that leaked on the net ? FIS 2010 10.00 build 246 ?

16. ahh

ahh Registered Member

I secede to the preasure. My statement about fake is hereby formally retracted. :]
    Now Patriks criteria of "Until you see us posting it on our website" fulfilled :D

17. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Until I install this, perhaps you can get your question answered over here https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=251016&highlight=f-secure

Perhaps a good idea to continue on that thread as it's now officially released.............

18. patrikr

patrikr AV Expert

19. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That being the case, We will bring this "sneak peak" thread to a close and continue in the ongoing thread you linked to....F-Secure 2010 released

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.