F-Secure 2009 products released (3/9/08)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Ade 1, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

I totally agree, our expectations exceed boundaries of reality.
    But still everyday innovations are being made and that dream is being attempted to be made real by many talented companies.

Everyone is entitled to their perceptions and I respect yours. If it works for you, please go ahead and use it. If possible, help others who may have issues which prohibit them from using the same.

Ok, before everyone brings out the shovels to bury me. I would just like to say in my defense that I have used FS2008 for nearly 8 months and then shifted. I was also in 2009 beta (but not very proactive) and yes I installed FS2009 (since I got a free upgrade :thumb: ) for more than 5mins.
    And 1 GB RAM !! Heck, that's too much for my old dump which I use for testing. Its a old HP machine with 512 MB Ram and XP SP3. The F-Secure site states minimum requirement to be 256 MB and I bite the bullet. And got the now infamous and debated results.

Everyone in this forum, takes pride in their product of choice and also their opinion. And please, if don't deface anyone as a miscreant (even generically) without proof.

Just my opinion. Feel free to vent yours.:thumb:

2. Simon6776

Simon6776 Registered Member

Still looking for the OEM here. :'(

3. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

I too. :'(

4. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

my point is people expect too much & sorry lighter doesn't mean better. Detection isn't everything- CORRECT detection & COMPLETE cleanng does. Read what Patrik said when commenting on how F-Secure checks registry & does complete cleaning. I wonder how many of these light AV miss the boat on full cleaning & correct detection...

5. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

As far as I know NONE. changing the wording of detection and cleaning does not give you a better product. and just a FYI I cleaned a customers computer yesterday with 89 Different Spyware, Trojans and 1 Rootkit. Avira managed to clean it all on its own. :cool:

I'm sorry but slower don't mean better ether. sometimes it just means slower and more resource usage even when there is no point for it. also Complete cleaning is not a fact ether. I will guarantee that FS will miss something sometime or another and not do a "Complete cleaning" All AV's do this. no AV is 100% but let me tell you some are damn close.

6. larryb52

all that avira found is what it cleaned you don't know for a fact that it didn't miss something

where's your proof that FS will miss something? & fast doesn't mean complete either. You statements are just opinion which I appreciate. FWIW have you tried FS? if not I suggest you at least give it break. Your working with a bias...

7. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Well sorry but I do know for a fact it did not miss anything after cleaning it I went Thur the reg personally and checked it reg is clean. as for common files there is nothing out of the ordinary. Also it was scanned with other AV's Avira is just the first one I use but I do check it against others then inspect the system my self. now am I saying this is always the case. No of course not NO AV WILL ALWAYS detect 100%. there is always a chance it will miss something but at the 98.6% to 99.4% chance at detecting. I see that happening very seldom. :D

Again even read your own statement above.. You cant tell me it will detect and remove 100% of the time.. proof well buddy that's simply in the tests.. please name 1 reputable test that F secure has gotten 100% on every form of maleware and ad ware and I will gladly take it back. :rolleyes:

As for using F-secure Yes I have used it I have a test bed computer which I try any product out for a week on to see how I like it and the simple fact on that computer... (3 GHz Duel core with 4Gig of memory. and a 250G 10k RPM Drive) It slowed it to a crawl. and it's was pretty much the only thing on the System. and the computer is Restored to a FRESH Image every time I try a new product. :cool:

I'm in no way Bias. Yes I use Avira on my main computer. its what I found works the best for My needs on THIS system. I have 5 Others along with 24 Server systems I run. I use many different AV's it depends on the computer and the platform its running on to deiced what I choose. I have VERY FEW Av's that I don't personally care for. F secure is NOT one of those. but the fact still remains.. its slow across the Test system I have tried it on and any computers (so far) I have come in contact with it installed (which is very few). :blink:

8. larryb52

we'll have to agree to disagree, can we agree on that...?

9. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

That we can agree on. :D

Simple fact is everyone is entitled to the Opinion. there is no right or wrong. my simple statement as always Try them all see what you like. because no one can tell you whats the best. they can only tell you what they think is the best. :D

10. larryb52

yes my friend on that we do agree!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.