F-Secure 2007 reviewed by pcmag

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by eBBox, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

the review is BOGUS.... they really dont know what they are talking about.

scan speed un-usually slow?

it has always been slow to scan, but this has improved majorly on the last version > FACT!

real-time protection can report the same threats over and over again?

erm ... dont understand this one, there is a box to say never to ask about this program again, and this works > FACT!

antispam is dismal?

their antispam is the best ive used of any, it creates a phising folder aswell, and CORRECTLY moves spam to the deleted items folder, removes attachments when they are dodgy and moves phising emails to the correct folder, automatically.

3. yaggy

yaggy Registered Member

F-secure lasted a whole 10 mins on my system, it was just that slow.

With no less than 12 running process chewing up well over 100mb, it didn't take long to "Go Back"

PcMag has put out a good review of this product. Unless you are total fanboi of F-Secure, you'll fint the pcmag review quite accurate.

4. Re Lacks

Re Lacks Registered Member

hello C.S.J i have a question concerning this excellent software that is fsav2007. I asking to me if the mail scanner engine support "the bat!" client?

ps : you're true pcmag don't have test this soft ever

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

You guys are really going to have to quit putting any stock in these magazine reviews. I have yet to see one of their tests that was credible.

6. Re Lacks

Re Lacks Registered Member

f-secure never took 100mb's memory on my pc
    http://img270.imageshack.us/img270/1544/sanstitre1jw7.th.jpg

7. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

just a note:

the slow scan speed from pcmag (laughs) review.

i just tried the beta of the new dr web what has a few admirers from this site, their scan speed took an extra 5 mins than f-secures, so it aint all that bad.

8. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

I find FS2007 runs well and does not take noticeably longer than other main stream internet security packages.

I do have to agree on one point though - the spam filter - it is absolute rubbish. I don't think the filter, to date, has actually caught ANY spam and some of the spam is so obvious it's embarrassing.

MS Outlook's filter is much better!

9. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Although heavy, I don't really notice it on my laptop. F-Secure has run with essentially no problems. Next to KAV 6 I like it better overall than anything else including NOD. If Avira ran as well I would like it next to KAV, but from where I find myself F-Secure is a very fine AV.

I still believe the results of AVC, and so I consider it as safe as the best, and safer than the rest.

Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.