F-PROT v6 to release on 12/11/2006

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Miyagi, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

Does the 'Release' version still fill up the XP 'Event Viewer/Application log' with stuff about 'cannot scan' etc?

When I tried the beta while back, that was the only thing that turned me off this AV, was the extensive use of the log, thus burying everything else that might be of import.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061210 Minefield/3.0a1 Firefox ID:2006121004 [cairo]

2. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Well again congrats Frisk.

I double checked the hash files, and verified it is the same version (6.0.5.0) which would seem to indicate that this is still an issue. I know it is extremely minor, but I just have a severe case OCD :)

3. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

is this version Vista Compatibale?

4. IBK

IBK AV Expert

Home users will get Vista the end of January, so why all this hurry about having already now a vista compatible AV? (maybe i am not understanding something, please explain to me) When Vista will be released/shipped to home users all major AV products will be compatible anyway.

5. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Always a lot of nervous breakdowns in the dark days before X-mas, it seems!
    It beats me! ;)

6. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

how light is it resourse wise...

7. Lordman

Lordman Registered Member

I was thinking to change to other antivirus product (Antivir PE ... ) but... F-Prot will be on my computers more time. Version 6 has arrived too late but F-Prot is still a very good antivirus. :)

8. Miyagi

Miyagi Registered Member

Online purchase went smoothly. :thumb:

After submitting your credit card details, you will be forwarded to a page where you can download the latest F-Prot 6 and also get a subscription key. Very simple and quick. No need to wait for a representative to send you a key.

Merry Christmas F-PROT team!!

9. Big Apple

How about a trial run?

10. cdr

cdr Registered Member

For those who have already installed the v.6 upgrade, may I ask if you installed v.6 on top of the previous version, or did you uninstall v.3 first? I plan on installing the upgrade this evening, but would like to know which method works best.
    Thanks!

11. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

yes, F-Prot beta was tested in the PUPS report on AV-Comparatives
    The new website is really nice
    Good work FRISK ;)

12. Big Apple

F-Prot happens to have a great website with all this information stated! Don't understand, if you are downloading from there, you don't even read all about it! o_O

13. cdr

cdr Registered Member

By Jove, you're right!*puppy*

14. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

Would someone using the new release please be so kind to answer my question, so I can just move on?

15. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Are there any mirrors for download? The speed at F-Prot is only slightly above dialup speed. I don't pay for a fast broadband connection to get dialup speed on downloads. :( I tried three times and am getting 4KB\Sec on a 5Ms connection.

16. Big Apple

It's so very busy on the lines......as everybody is going haywire in getting his/her hands on the new F-Prot! It's becoming a big security race! Nobody seems protected properly all of a sudden and want to grab the newest kid on the block! ;)

17. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I've been waiting for this, since 1999. :D

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Well enjoy the day because I know what it feels like.:)

19. lodore

lodore Registered Member

its gonna be like the day nod32 finally releases version 3.0:D
    i agree thou its a good day for frisk software:thumb:
    lodore

20. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I know what you are thinking lodore. Merry Christmas. I am really glad to see this for F-Prot. I personally think that it is our duty to help the cause of the Aviras, F-Prot, Dr. Web and the like, of the smaller niche market. These are the ones who are in it for the product first. You have to have the product before the profit will appear. It is vendors like this that keep the rest on their toes. Eset is a great example of product now changing into profit and with their suite, good things to come. I know that IC had to stand by with the rest of the development group at F-Prot, over the last year and watch everyone else gather the glory with all the results. Through all of this, they continued to work on their product. I said in my review of suites, this will be the product of 2007 that Avira was for 2006. Of course Avira was still have something to say about that.:) :)

21. lodore

lodore Registered Member

seems we agree on this one:thumb:
    i belive in helping the smaller companies as long as they dont sell them selfs to an evil company *cough Symantec cough* I believe Norton used to be a great product till the evil big company brought it.
    thats why i ditched the 2003 version in favour of f-secure.
    now i ditched f-secure for kaspersky because f-secure is to bloated for my pc so i moved on.
    theres always new comers that listen to there customers intill they get to big and dont care no more e.g. symantec.
    when companys are small they listen to there customers so they wil keep buying from them.
    avira listens to its customers and has improved on it alot recently.
    f-prot is great with support and i hope it keeps it this way and doesn't get worse support as they getting bigger and forgot there customers.
    it seems that webroot used to be a good company but recently they just add new shields with out fixing the old ones and its getting more and more bloated and with more problems. seems i will need to switch to the little guy again.
    any comments will be welcome.
    sorry about the lodore syndrome with the symantec bit but i think i got my point across.
    lodore

22. trjam

trjam Registered Member

well actually NIS 2007 is great, but to stay on topic, guess I am going to break the rules again and buy a license for F-Prot for one of the PCs. Wont be able to comment on it for the future, if I dont own it. Also, it will give me a chance to "curse" at the IC for things that need to be done, since I will be a stakeholder.:D

23. lodore

lodore Registered Member

make sure to bring back some pictures back from your trip to frisk software land:D
    lodore

24. mario_l

mario_l Registered Member

Hi all,
    @ trjam: I assume that when you say "IC", you refer to Inspector Clouseau, my co-worker here at Frisk Software International, whos real name is Michael St. Neitzel. Am I assuming the right thing?
    In case the answer to the question is positive, can you please explain what exactly you meant in the sentence I quoted? I am not sure if I am understanding the right thing.
    Thank you very much in advance,

mario.

25. trjam

trjam Registered Member

sure, what I mean is, when you are working on creating a product, one you know willo be good but, takes time to perfect, you see all of us cronies bragging about the latest test results, foaming at the mouth as what we percieve to be the best, yeah, its hard I am sure. that is why it is important that all of us, embrace each of you when the day comes to show off your hard work. I mean, in the end, it is for us, the consumer, you do it for, and we do appreciate it. at least I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.