F-PROT Forums have been launched

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Supportguy, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Same issue here.

snowbound

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Still okay here, must be because I am closer to Iceland :p

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

It is very slow today just now (noon here in Hawaii). I had to stop the page from loading as it looked fully loaded but kept loading and loading and loading....I had to hit stop on every page there today...worse than last night.

Last night when I tried to upload my first attachment, it was very strange. The forum takes you to the main forum page after you upload a post or a post with attachment instead of taking you to the thread you just posted in. That I don't like. But last night, I had no way of knowing the attachment actually uploaded as when I checked the thread (my screen just showed the post and attachment I was trying to upload and that screen never changed...seemed frozen) by opening another tab on Fx, and going to the forum, I saw my post but no attachment. Later, I did see it.

The forum has a problem with keeping you logged in also even if you choose "forever". So, I when I went there on a separate tab, it said I was a guest and I guess guests can't see attachments. Of course, I thought it never uploaded since the screen on the tab where I tried to upload it never showed me anything other than my preview and the upload button was frozen. Anyhow, once I logged in on the new tab, then I saw the attachment.

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

In SMF, you can change that functionality so that it takes you to the thread showing your post instead of the index page. In "Profile" > "Look and Layout Preferences' > check the box in front of "Return to topics after posting by default."

Like here using vBulletin, you need to make sure you are "fully" allowing cookies to be retained and passed. Check your Proxomitron as well to be sure it isn't interfering.

5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Thanks Mike. There are TWO places where you need to check "logged in forever". I only had it checked in one place. Plus, Fx was setting session cookies so I had to clear the cookies so Fx would ask me and I could tell it to set a permanent one. Proxo was behaving itself this time. It has been known though, from time to time, to mysteriously recheck the filter to make all cookies session only.

I fixed it in Preferences so it will take me back to the forum after posting.

You don't have any idea why this afternoon all attachments, including mine, were missing from the F-Prot forum? I closed the tab and opened the forum fresh on a new tab and all the attachments were still missing. I had to reboot for another reason and after I rebooted, the attachments reappeared...that seems rather strange.

6. Blackcat

Extremely slow again tonight :'( :thumbd:

7. IBK

IBK AV Expert

A cable between Island and the outside is currently broken. Maybe that could be a reason.

8. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

IBK
    Could events such as this prevent updates from being received, ever ?

StevieO

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2006
  9. IBK

IBK AV Expert

10. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

11. Blackcat

Forum seems to be down at the present time. Server problems, DDOS attacks or just maintenance?

12. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

I can assure it's not maintenance. Reason is being that it's saturday morning here, 7am and i don't see the car from our sys-admin outside the company. :D

13. Blackcat

Any ideas, Mike?

14. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

traceroute times out here 81.15.100.101 which is the iceland main link but f-prot itself goes through so it's strange

15. Blackcat

Forum okay now :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.