F-Prot Forum?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Littlemutt, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

I just installed the Beta of F-Prot, and am wondering if there are any forums related to F-Prot ? I've not found any on the F-Prot site.

So far, its running smoothly, and is much quicker than KAV on my machine.

WinXP SP2/650Mhz AMD Athlon (old I know), 512meg ATI 9500Pro 128meg vid
    Hmm can't seem to find anywhere in F-Prot for the version info:

Thanks

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061021 Minefield/3.0a1 Firefox ID:2006102104 [cairo]

2. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

No forums that I know of except the occasional post here at Wilders. I agree the Beta runs great and has much better heuristics than version 3.16f. Just use the advanced search function at the top and you will find several posts on F-Prot. Also check out AV Comparatives site, they did a special test on this version and it did very well: http://www.av-comparatives.org/..cheers:cool:

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Mike ( Inspector Closeau here) set up a forum here which included a section on F-Prot but not many users so far.

Maybe when the beta goes gold and the Home customer base increases then a Forum will take off.

However, official support is superb. For example they have a Beta FAQ section on the main site. And as Mongol pointed out, quite a few past threads here at Wilders on F-Prot for you to take a look at.

4. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Smooth as this Beta has been running on my work laptop and the lack of complaints I have read here at Wilders I would think the final release should be soon...:eek: :)

5. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

Thanks for the replies. I've already run into issues. The program freezes at the end of a scan. I have to kill the process 'Not responding' to get the window to close.

Hanging application FPWin.exe, version 1.0.0.29, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061021 Minefield/3.0a1 Firefox ID:2006102104 [cairo]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.