f prot ate my game

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larryb52, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

got fed up with Nod32 & loaded f prot but even when I tell it to exclude the dir for my games when I go to run them it removes the exe before it runs. Now I'll admit thats wonderful if it was a virus but it's not & I told it to exclude the folders & in particular the exe but it ignores that & removes it anyway. F-Prot is gone & that's a shame. Tough night lost nod to a windows update as it made the firewall useless now f-Prot's inability to ignore what I tell it to ignore makes it worthless, I'll move on sorry for venting...

2. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

True, even though i had disabled auto-quarantine it still did even after a reboot. I reported this but no reponse

3. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

that's a shame I have F-secure internet security running, it seems lighter than I remember...

4. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

Not sure if they do already know about this, but i notified Fridrik.

5. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Cheers Inspector :thumb:

6. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

It just about destroyed one of my computers. I still cannot get all of the registry entries off. It is the most difficult AV I have ever worked with. :thumbd:

7. Frammi

Frammi Registered Member

Hi there. Speaking for F-PROT's tech support, this is indeed being looked into.

We have had reports of exclusions not working in some cases. Since you've already uninstalled, it's probably too late now to ask for details. E.g. what exclusions were set (even the contents of the exclusions.xml would help) and whether this was indeed version 6.0.9.1.

Also, F-PROT's heuristics are constantly being improved. With added detection there's risk of false positives and this certainly looks like one to me. So by correcting the false positive (getting a sample of the file being detected would be great) you shouldn't have to use the exclusions. Mind you, I'm not trying to make excuses here, of course exclusions should really work in all cases.

If someone else is reading this and has the same problem, please let us know so we can deal with it.

Note that if you mean by "disabling the auto-quarantine" that you selected "Ask what to do" in the File System Protection settings, then note that this does not affect the on-demand scans. The pre-defined scans can currently not be configured in any way, they are always set to disinfect/quarantine. To control what is being done in an on-demand scan, we recommend setting up an 'advanced scan'.

Hope this helps. You're welcome to PM me here or visit our FPAV forum if you need help specific to F-PROT Antivirus.

Regards,
    Frammi

8. Frammi

Frammi Registered Member

ADDED ON March 18th: I got the samples and they were falsely detected as W32/Virut.AI!Generic. This is fixed with the signatures released as of 11th of March, 2009, time 18:56.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.