Ezula in Process Guard

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Possum, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Possum

Possum Registered Member

o_O Hi people :

I just downloaded the free version of Process Guard - to try out before buying the full version. When I scanned the file with my AV, before installing, Norton told me that PG contained an infected spyware file - Ezula adware - and warned me to delete the whole file (which, incidentally, Norton was unable to do). I am kind of surprised, and haven't installed the program. Unless I missed something, I didn't see anywhere that the free version was adware... ??

Btw, I have both TDS and Port Explorer (registered) - more than happy with both :D

2. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

This is a false positive by Norton. It shows up on both the trial version and the licensed version of PG. This started a week or so again on an NAV definitions update. I see it on my licensed version and also Norton's failed to remove message. I added PG as an Exclude in NAV.

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Possum, Providing you downloaded from www.diamondcs.com.au you will be safe. DCS never have any sort of spyware in their products. :D

*Edit by Jason - corrected URL*

4. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

possum, siliconman, it'd be very much appreciated if you contact Symantec about this false positive so that they can rectify the problem by finding a stronger signature to use for the Ezula detection. There is certainly no adware, spyware or anything of the sort in any of our software and Symantec can confirm that.

Thanks,
    Wayne

5. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

will do... ;)

6. Possum

Possum Registered Member

;) Guys, yes, I sure downloaded from the official Diamond site - but I'm going to contact Symantec about the false alarm - and I'm also going to install PG :D Thanx for the replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.