Extra Programs "Spoofed Names"

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Bob-C, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob-C

Bob-C Registered Member

My first post here. If I offend in any way it is ignorance not intent.
    PROBLEM- I have two folders in my Programs folder that I did not install and can not delete. Both names must be "Spoofed" one name is microsoft frontpage, spelled with a small m and small f, the other is xerox. I had been relying on the firewall in Windows XP untill just a few days ago when I installed McAffe Firewall Plus 8.0.
    I have checked Properties on these folders and it says "0 files" but when I Scan these for viruses with McAffe VS 8.0 it says 29 files scanned ,no viruses found.
    SYSTEM I am running Windows XP (winnt 5.01 2600) I have run several spyware and malware programs and only found 1 tracking cookie. I believe these are file sharing programs, that are or were controlled by some other computer. Any help would be greately appreciated

Bob-C

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I have the same folders in my XP machine. I believe they install with XP.
    Never had a thing in them. I just let them sit there.

They are not malware.

3. Bob-C

Bob-C Registered Member

Thanks I feel a little less "Put Upon" My most concern was that most of the hits blocked by Firewall plus were from GNUETELLA and URBISNETT and a port that Windows uses for file sharing
    Bob-C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.