ExtFS not working in Windows

Discussion in 'Paragon File System Drivers' started by imonline, Sep 13, 2015.

1. imonline

imonline Registered Member

Hi, hope someone can help. I installed ExtFS yesterday so I could view Linux partitions on an SD card in Windows. I installed the program, everything went fine - saw the partition, transferred files to it.

I come back today and it no longer works. I opened the program (as an administrator) because it seemed like it didn't open at startup. I tried opening it after inserting the SD card, opening it before inserting the SD card - the same result. I'm not sure what I need to do, do I need to have the SD card inserted in the PC when I start it up, will ExtFS not recognise the SD card if I insert it after boot up, I don't understand - I'm clutching at straws for ideas on what the problem is, but I'm stumped..

Thanks for any help.

2. dustinuy

dustinuy Registered Member

same here. i unsintalled hfs+.

3. cepstralpeak

cepstralpeak Registered Member

I had something like that happen but it might be unrelated since it was with exFat file systems. The phone microsdxc card is a common denominator here. So is the format ok, write ok today, cant read or write tommorrow. On win7, no trouble. On Win10-to-go, no trouble (even on the same dell latitude). But on my dell latitude laptop install that I upgraded from win 7 to win 10, that was a problem. I never figured out how to solve it. I have 2 other windows installs without the trouble so I could afford to let it go. This is an old post so it probably won't help you. It might help someone else.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.