ExtFS 9.0 for Mac extremely slow with high CPU utilisation

Discussion in 'NTFS for Mac & ExtFS for Mac' started by edvar, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edvar

edvar Registered Member

I dual boot Ubuntu and Mac OS X on a brand new Mac Mini (late 2012) with OS X 10.8 and use a 2Tb external drive formatted as EXT4 with lots of large files.

The copy of a 3Gb file to the ext4 external drive takes 30min on Mountain Lion and 48s on Ubuntu. A copy of a 5Gb file takes 48min and drives the CPU of the (quad)Core i7 processor to 100%. The whole computer slows down to barely unusable during the copy. Not to mention the file is duplicated at the destination folder with the same name or some times as a hidden file named "._name.extension".

I had this problem for a while with version 8.0 and purchased the new version 9.0 of ExtFS only because I thought it would fix the issue. It was a waste of my money as the problem still persists.

Paragon advertises here:

https://www.paragon-software.com/home/extfs-mac/features.html

-Unprecedented high level of performance thanks to the Paragon UFSD™ technology
    -Fast and transparent access to any ExtFS partition under Mac® OS XTM
    -Improved stability and performance

And so far I didn't get any of those... Dos anyone have the same problem?

2. jthayer2

jthayer2 Registered Member

I too get HORRIBLE transfer speed from my mac to an external EXT3 hard drive through Paragon. I have no idea how to reconcile this problem, I feel like I've tried everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.