Extended Startup Scan time

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Conan, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conan

Conan Registered Member

I have noticed recently that the startup scans of my ESS4 is taking longer than usual. It seems like it takes approx 7-10 min to finish. I do not remember it ever taking this long to complete the scan. Problem is also, that I have to wait for this extended scan to finish every time I reboot or start up my computer fresh. Is this something new that is occurring to others? Thank you.

I have the latest ESS4 updates downloaded to the software. Running Xp home.

2. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Shouldn't be reading your post, I would never realize having the same symptoms. I didn't measure the startup scan but on my side it may lasts cca 2 minutes. What bothers me more when starting applications during the scan, they really crawl. Sometimes I feel like being back in an era of 486 comps. Besides, no problem with ESS at all. Remembering that other folks here were also complaing but never got a clue.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

So you're saying that disabling the startup scan tasks make a difference? They are run with as low priority as possible so you shouldn't notice any significant slowdown. Anyways, disabling the startup scanner is not a good idea as it's another level of protection.

4. pegas

pegas Registered Member

It seems to me.

Yes, I know and hence I have the startup scans enabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.