Express VPN to be acquired by Kape Technologies for $936 million

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by guest, Sep 14, 2021.

1. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Ah that is great!
    I don't have any experience with HBO Max and Prime so I can't comment on that.

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes, I don't know why I thought that your idea wouldn't work, because now it does make sense to me. And I have already done a bit of research on HBO Max and Prime Video, the bottom line is that these apps can't be fooled this easily on LG smart TV's, seems like their geo-blocking method is a bit too clever. I still need to check out StarzPlay and Disney+ and later this year they will launch SkyShowtime, hopefully they will work with a VPN too.

3. Rasheed187

BTW, have you tried free streaming services like Tubi and Pluto TV, will they work with a VPN? I'm still thinking about buying the Nokia Streaming Box 8000. And I just noticed that I can watch premium channels like AMC+, Starz, Showtime and HBO Max via YouTube TV, do you think this will work via a VPN? To clarify, YouTube itself does work correctly, I can see all US based content like the free movies with ads.

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I no longer use a VPN on my Android TV Box and use Control D instead. It looks like it supports all the services you listed and you can search for other services to see if they are supported at the following link.
    https://controld.com/available-services/

5. Rasheed187

OK cool, I guess I need to simply check if they support my VPN. I did notice that all of a sudden I can watch trailers on Starz and HBO Max when my VPN is turned on, so perhaps they decided to remove the block on my LG smart TV. These guys are desperate for new customers, so no surprise.

But I got very excited when I saw that YouTube has now added Premium Channels and you don't actually have to subscribe to YouTube TV, see link. This way I might get access to Starz, Showtime and AMC+ but not HBO Max, I mentioned this by mistake in my last post.

Hopefully other streaming services will be added to YouTube Premium soon. Problem is that I need to find a way to pay them. I don't think they will accept my Dutch creditcard and PayPal blocked my account because it sees an US based IP address, which is kinda weird. I mean I might as well be on vacation.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/202...nels-puts-34-streaming-services-in-one-place/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.