Explore Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rcktexas, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcktexas

rcktexas Registered Member

I am using Acronis True Image 8 on Win2K/SP4.

I have one partition on C: and one partition on D:, which is empty. There is a CD on E: and no other drives.

I made a full backup image on D:\TIB\Full.tib. The log shows that "Image creation succeeded".

I tried Explore Image, selected the image in the Wizard and it set up to create the drive letter F:

But when I clicked on Proceed, it immediately rebooted the computer.

After reboot, there was no F:. There was no log entry for that procedure.

How do I get Explore Image to work properly?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rcktexas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If the problem still persists after installing the update then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

Please also do the following:

- Download SetupApiLog.zip, unpack it and run in order to add the information to the Windows registry;

- Delete the \Windows\setupapi.log file and reboot the computer;

- Reproduce the mounting problem and collect the setupapi.log file;

- See whether there is a delay after hitting Proceed button and rebooting;

Please also collect the following information:

- Run "regedit" command and write down the data lines of the below registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters

Send all the collected files and information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. rcktexas

Where do I find the serial number within the program? This particular machine belonged to someone else and he can't find the serial number.

4. rcktexas

I installed SetupApiLog.reg but it doesn't work.

I am beginning to think there is something wrong with this installation. Maybe I need to uninstall. I can build a clone with WD DataLifeGuard and incrementally backup with NTBackup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.