ExploitShield Browser Edition 0.9

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ZeroVulnLabs, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

What about SBIE 3.76?... any problems there?

2. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Well I guess I should have said it would not start the reason why I have no protection.

I did that but it was the same. The exclusions that I placed with Avast IS remained but still the same issue. I could not start ES. Any ideas..?

3. Sampei Nihira

Sampei Nihira Registered Member

No problem with SBIE 3.76

p.s. With XP.

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  4. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening! Just installed Exploit Shield 0.9.1Beta...smooooooooooth! Sincerely...Securon

5. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

I still get the same result. ES would not start! What should I do?

6. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

Is there anyway we could have a mode to enable more verbosity in the logs to see exactly what ES is doing and blocking? I'm using the browser version and I can see where ES blocks a supposed exploit attempt, but I can't see what caused that or what URL that occurred on. Obviously if I was using the machine at the time I would have seen the block warning, but if it occurred when one of my offspring was using the machine; I would have no idea what happened or where.

7. ZeroVulnLabs

ZeroVulnLabs Developer (aka "pbust")

We thought about adding this but it turned out to cause more confusion than anything else. Think about it, you could have multiple tabs open browsing to 5 sites and only one of those sites has an iframe pointing to an exploit kit server. So even if we could report the correct site it's not even the correct one as the iframe was pointing to someplace else. ExploitShield hooks much lower into the system to protect, so whatever navigation URL is reported can easily be incorrect or misleading at best.

The ExploitShield log window does include a timestamp so you could check your browsers' history and/or cache to find out where it tried to get exploited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.