[EXCLUSIVE] Intel 2014 Haswell-E to pack 8 cores, DDR4, X99 PCH and more...

Discussion in 'hardware' started by SweX, Jun 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweX

SweX Registered Member

http://vr-zone.com/articles/intel-core-i7-ivy-bridge-e-core-i3-haswell-lineup-detailed/37832.html

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Im still running my Yorkfield-6M processor and to be honest i dont see any need to upgrade in the next 1-2 years. Very casual gaming and not a lot of CPU intensive tasks.

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Good for you....;) Here.....I am still running my Athlon 2800+ from 2004. I hope it lasts a while longer :D
    None the less, interesting times ahead!

4. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I used to have an Athlon 2200+ but the GPU died and i decided to change it all.

Actually before this Quad Core i used to have an Intel Dual Core E2180 but i needed a bit more oomph so i got on Ebay and purchased this processor for $45. A steal if you ask me.

I want to keep my motheboard as long as possible . . . the LG775 tops out with QX9xx Processors and they are barely faster than the one i got but were like 4x more expensive. :blink:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  5. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

I'm running an eight-plus year old Pentium 4 630 and have no interest at all in gaming or even (at this time) upgrading, but I hope Intel and AMD continue to push the envelope- even if primarily for gamers.
    At some point in time I will need or choose to upgrade and it certainly won't be to a laptop and absolutely not a tablet.
    My next computer will be a minitower or midtower PC- something I can customize and enhance as I choose.
    Every time Intel and AMD advance the technology, it nearly always makes the new mid-level CPUs that follow and that I will choose from faster and better.
    -So although I'm not a gamer, I benefit from the emphasis.

6. Noob

Noob Registered Member

As of now AMD is the best option IMO. They have kept using the AM3+ socket for a loooooong time but i guess sooner or later they will change it. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.