Exclusions not excluded?!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by XIII, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danieln

danieln Eset Staff

Well, it was already answered. Normal autoit programs are not detected. You use the same code obfuscator as the malware writers and some NOD32 clients turned on the PUA detection. One of these two has to be changed to stop detection. ESET can white list individual builds of your files, but it has to be done for every new file.

If you insist on the sources code obfuscation, you need to chose some other obfuscator or write your own one which will not be used by malware writers.

2. XIII

XIII Registered Member

I hope I'll find time tonight to test whether the final v4 handles exclusions better than v3...

3. XIII

XIII Registered Member

NOD32 v4 ignores the exclusions just like v3 (ie, whatever pattern I enter, it does still include all files in the scan instead of excluding the specified ones) :mad:

Really annoying with all those Auto-It messages and a log file which is very hard to read anyway (real warnings get lost in all informational lines).

I had to write a grep-based script to filter out all the junk to see what NOD32 really complains about...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.