Exclusions for SQL Server

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by JoTho, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoTho

JoTho Registered Member

We are running Nod32 v3 and v4 on Server 2003 and 2008 R2 with SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2008. I want to make sure we exclude the correct files and folders. I have read KB Solution ID: SOLN2144 and begin by asking if I exclude a folder as in C:\Program Files\SQL Server\*.*, is that excluding all files and folders with subfolders being excluded too? Or do I need to hit each relevant folder? Thank you for your advice.

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

Entering the exclusion like this, C:\Program Files\SQL Server, should exclude everything below.

Also, this article, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309422, shows Microsoft's recommendations for exclusions when SQL Server is installed.

BFG

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Don't globally exclude the whole directory structure or you'll have a blind spot that your AV won't be monitoring. Just exclude the database and log files and any backup caching directory you might be using.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.