Exclusion Problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by WilliamP, Nov 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sig

sig Registered Member

Thanks for posting, Kevin. Hope this assists ESET since this appears to be an issue for a number of people involving other products (not just BOClean) as well.

Although I must be one of the lucky ones because (so far at least) I haven't had any problems running both AMON and BOClean on XP.

2. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

NewNOD, Nameless, Sig, and especially Kevin,

Thank you so much for the comments offered specifically to my situation.

For the record, I am not troubled by any BOClean/NOD32 interactions. I merely try to employ the exclusion of other trusted security programs for the sake of efficiency. After NOD32 V2 was released (to my recollection this is when the exclusion feature ceased to work as intended), but before the workaround was discovered, there was no issue for me.

What is more troubling for me is the problem with SSM - a problem not previously described in this thread, but here:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=16272

Kevin's reply (although somewhat over my head) at least comforts me in that he understands the technical reasons for the issue. I will forward his comments to Max at SSM. I will also drop Kevin a private note regarding the "09/02 build" of BOClean 4.11 - I'm sure he could tell me if this would help.

Again, many thanks
    Chris

3. Just answered your question in the other message are that you pointed to in your previous. May not be what folks might wanna hear, but I've got brain damage. Reality is reality, but at least it's the truth. :)

Might just be inexperience ... certainly impresses me as a useful utility once the insects are swatted.

4. nameless

nameless Registered Member

What if the Win2K or WinXP target system has 8.3 file names disabled (as explained in this document)? Wouldn't the above approach fall on its face?

5. burma69

burma69 Guest

Then you might prefer using of GetLongPathName function exported by kernel32.dll ;)

6. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

"Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!"
    Michael Corleone, Godfather III

I can’t believe that I about to say what I’m about to say, but I have to get it off my chest and if I regret it, I’ll just delete it, like I have with other posts in the past concerning NOD (I don't like myself when my temper flares up):

In my case NOD and BoClean get along just fine, at least as far as I know. But in the future if there are any problems between the two and I determine that I actually have to remove one of them, based upon the EXCELLENT tech support that I have always received from Kevin and the, um, (Acadia, let’s be nice here), not quite as excellent (that was good, Acadia) tech support that I have received from NOD, there would be no contest between which one stays and which one goes.

Acadia

7. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Same here. I've been trying (and buying) a slew of anti-malware products lately, and Eset's support is by far the worst of all of them, from what I've seen. I only wish I'd known that sooner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.