exclusion lists do not work??

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by learning123, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. learning123

learning123 Registered Member

Hi folks, during backup in BR2012, I leave as default to skip auxiliary files (like pagefile) and also check mark to skip files like *.### and others. However, size of the archive increases with the sizes of these files for some reason.

I did backup #1 of C:\ and backup files consumed 4 Gb on drive C (including what it claims is the large pagefile).

Then I did another backup right away and it consumed 8Gb on drive C (meaning the original 4Gb + new 4Gb used for backup #1).

How come the exclusions do not work? Clearly, since the backup size on attempt #2 increased by the size of the first backup, it means the backup files included space consumed by the original backup files even though I asked for them to be excluded!

Any ideas?

P.S. I had also double checked in summary screen that all the files with proper extensions are marked for exclusion.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  2. learning123

learning123 Registered Member

Update: I was able to exclude older backups by creating new exclude category and specifying full/absolute paths to the directory (e.g. C:\backup\arc_1234567890\*.*).

I still suspect full size of pagefile.sys is included however :-(. I know documentation says that size is listed but real file is not there, but when I was running backup from install recovery CD, it estimated backup space by 1.5Gb less than its estimate (as well as real backup file size) when running backup from installed windows system. 1.5Gb is the size of the pagefile.sys (+small hybernation file)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.