Exclusion List for Kaspersky IS 2013 in Shadow Defender

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by VectorFool, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VectorFool

VectorFool Registered Member

Hi guys
    i need help setting exclusions for Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 in Shadow Defender.
    does anyone have any idea? :)

2. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

May or may not have changed but Kaspersky always stored the last update info in a registry key therefore exluding the definitions folder did not help. You simply got an integrity error because the definition file and last update did not match. If that is still the case you may never get to a stage wher KIS updates fully survive a Shadow Defender re-boot. I asked the same question on the Kaspersky forums years ago and even their gurus could not assist. As I say aybe that has changed though.

3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Shadow defender is a light virtualization program and i find it a bit point less to be adding exclusions etc..it seems to me that it is pure overkill.:eek:

4. VectorFool

How can adding exclusions to shadowdefender be an "overkill"?
    since i keep my PC in the same Frozen/Shadow state for long periods of time (read 5-7 days), isn't it practical to add exclusions to the AntiVirus and Firewall Components so that they get their program updates without any hitch?:)

5. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

As i understand it you reboot to a clean state everytime so your av has been made redundant more or less...even if it detects something you reboot and its supposedly gone so yes shadow defender is very much overkill.:ouch:

6. VectorFool

i think it would be wrong to think using Shadow Defender in tandem with a resident antivirus an overkill

reason being
    i have only the System Drive (c:\ ) that is protected by Shadow Defender
    all the rest of my Logical Drives/Partitions, USB Drives etc are Normal Mode and are still vulnerable to be infected in case i don't use a resident AV
    also Shadow Defender doesn't protect you from Data Mining activities like Keylogging, Web usage Tracking etc
    so i feel every component in my setup only serves to reduce the vectors of an attack as it is quite impossible to eradicate them altogether

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.