Excluding Ramdisk from scanning

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by tomazyk, Oct 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

I have one question.

I have setup Ramdisk using Gavotte Ramdisk. I have assigned ramdisk letter R:.
    I have set Sandboxie container on that Ramdisk so all temporary internet files are stored in R:\Sandbox\... location.
    I have made exclusion in Nod32 AV (6.0.115.0) for R:\*

When I check up statistic page to see last scanned object there is no entries about R: but there are a lot of scanning going on on \device\HarddiskVolumeRD\Sandbox\...
    So although I excluded R:\ from being scanned, all content is still scanned through \device\HarddiskVolumeRD\.

I tried to add \device\HarddiskVolumeRD\* to exclusion list but Nod doesn't accept it. Should I format the exclusion string differently?
    I also disabled Anti-Stelth technology but it didn't help either.

So is there a way to disable scanning on RamDisk?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you tested scanning by putting the eicar test file to R: to see if it's detected there?

3. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

4. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

One more interesting information - although statistics page is showing files on \device\HarddiskVolumeRD\ being scanned, the total scanned objects counter is not changing. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.