Excluding Paths

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tylast, Dec 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tylast

tylast Registered Member

I've tried excluding a path, but can't seem to do it. The Add File Exclusion Criterion dialog box says I can add a path, but it's always included in the archive. I've even tried something like C:\folder\*.* however, all the files within that folder are still in the archive as well.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tylast,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2323) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previous build prior to installing build 2323.

Please also note that the Add File Exclusion Criterion option allows you to exclude some particular file types matching your own criterion. You should enter your criterion in a form of: *.exe, *.zip, myo_O.*, etc. You can find more information on how to exclude files of a specific types in section 4.1 of Acronis True Image 9.0 User's Guide.

If you want to exclude particular path then just uncheck the corresponding files and folders on the Source Files Selection screen of Create Backup Wizard.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
  3. tylast

tylast Registered Member

I am using build 2323. So, you're saying it is not possbile to exclude a path then...only certain file types within a path. Well, please add that feature.

4. Acronis Support

Hello tylast,

I've forwarded your request to our Development Team. That feature will probably be implemented in future builds/versions of Acronis True Image.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

5. tylast

tylast Registered Member

OK, none of my exclusion fields were followed by buil 2337. All of the extensions I used (*.mp3, *.wav, etc) were just ignored. All of those file types are in the archive.

6. Acronis Support

Hello tylast,

Could you please make a screen shot of the field where you exclude the file types?
    Please also make a screen shot of the filed of Recovery Data Wizard showing the exluded files in your image.

If you are not familiar with making screen shots, please read the below step-by-step instructions.

- Get to the window which you want to make a screen shot of;
    - Hit the (Alt+)PrintScreen button on your keyboard;
    - Run Paint usually available in Start\Programs\Accessories or another graphics application;
    - Choose Paste command in Edit menu;
    - Save the result picture with JPEG format being preferable.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.