Excluding Flash Options

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by wallacegal, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wallacegal

wallacegal Registered Member

I've been a longtime user of SpywareBlaster in the past but hadn't intsalled it on my new laptop until today. I installed the paid version and now suddenly, the standard flash uploader that showed the progress line in Gmail when adding attachments to emails no longer works and I've been forced to go back to the older, one at a time attachment option.

With Gmail's new look and additional enhancements, eventually the older attachment option is supposed to disappear and I'd like to know how to exclude a flash option/site from SpywareBlaster's list. I don't want to exclude all of Gmail if I don't have to, but I'm not really even seeing the option to exclude anything by adding it. Can someone walk me through this so I can once again use that option?

Thank you!

Edited to add: I'm using Chrome as my browser so I know SB is working because other than installing SB today, I've made no other changes and the attachment uploader on Gmail worked perfectly yesterday.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

SpywareBlaster should not be able to conflict with Gmail's flash uploader.

The only exception would be if you had the "Flash Killer" tool enabled, but that also only affects Internet Explorer at this time (not Chrome).

If you'd like, you can temporarily "Disable All Protection" in SpywareBlaster (under Quick Tasks on the main screen). If the flash uploader is still broken, you can be sure it wasn't SpywareBlaster (and can then re-enable all protection). :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. wallacegal

wallacegal Registered Member

Thanks for your quick response. After fighting with this all day, tonight, Google pushed through an update for Chrome. The problem seems to have cleared. I apologize for my assumption though as I said, SB was the only thing I'd done and the problem started right after I installed it.

Sun spots. All the unexplaineable problems must just be caused by sunspots...

:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.