Exclude from log

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Milesch, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milesch

Milesch Registered Member

The log contains a few hundred entries, "error - password protected file," and a few "file locked." These are the same entries every time a scan is run.

Can these be excluded from being entered in the log so it will be a manageable size?

Miles

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

Depending on what the password protected files are, they may be able to be deleted.

If they are old quarantined files from other anti malware programs, you can safely delete them.

Please send the log to support@eset.us for a definitive explanation.

Thank you,
    BFG

3. Milesch

Thanks and just sent the log and will let everyone know of the rsponse when received.

And in attaching the log to the email found another difficulty: I cannot identify the logs from the several that are in the folder, not even by date. So found it necessary to copy the current log as a .txt file to the same folder the other logs are in. Is there a way to identify which log is the latest? Or which relates to a certain date as shown in the Nod32 window? As far as I can see, the dates in WinExplorer do not correspond with the dates of the logs.

Miles

4. Milesch

Sent in the log and had a quick reply. Deleted many old logs I didn't know were there such as Norton Cleansweep, Spybot & Adaware.

So those are cleaned out. But now the log consists of 426,442 files scanned, out of which there were 8 threats and 44 active threats. But these cannot be located with so many file entries! How can these verbose file entry lines with "OK" be eliminated? Is there an entry somewhere that I have missed?

Basically what is wanted to be seen is only info notes and problems. Emon Log, "log all files" is unchecked. The Event Log reads "see on-demand scanner log for details" which is no help. And the Threat Log does not have an entry for today's run.

And in order to more easily view the logs wonder if there is a method to stretch the screen horizontally and have it stick?

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

6. Milesch

Yes, have been there three times to recheck. Discovered that problem is profile will not stick. Make the choices, then change from <command line profile> to My Profile, and when I return it is back to comand line profile. And changes are not saved. Tried this about 10 times today.

Now have changed the command line profile settings and will see if those will stick (unchecked list all files and changed append to overwrite).

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I've tried changing the profile from "command line profile" to My profile, opened another tab and then went back to the Profile tab - "My profile" remained selected all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.