Excessive Scan Times

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Anthony Hackney, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony Hackney

Anthony Hackney Registered Member

I am new to this and would appreciate any help that is available.
    My problem is that when my planned scan is operated it takes 8 HOURS to scan approx.129,000 files!.
    When I do an "On demand scan" it scans 112,000 files in 25 minutes.
    Where have I gone wrong on setting my scan requirements?.
    Anthony:eek:

2. rblews

rblews Registered Member

My on demand scan takes 33 min to scan 131,602 files, which is close enough to your results as to say it is within the normal range. You refer to a "planned scan taking 8 hrs"; but, what is a planned scan and what are your settings? I'm only familiar with on demand scanning and real time protection scanning.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

A planned scan is the same as a scheduled scan. For example you may want a In-Depth Analysis profile scan to occur at 19:00 hours (7pm) every Friday. Have a look at this thread for setting up your Nod32. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509

4. rblews

rblews Registered Member

OK, I see; but, still-- How could it take the OP 8 hrs to complete a scheduled scan? My scheduled scan takes the same time as a manual on-demand scan as long as I'm using the same profile/settings.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The scanning time depends strongly on what files you have on your computer . Perhaps this is the reason .

It might also be a conflict with another program running at the moment of the scan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.