Excessive Net download count when PC is idle.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Davo1711, Oct 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davo1711

Davo1711 Registered Member

The problem is that when I am idle at the desktop and doing NO Internet activity AND the Internet Gateway icon (Control Panel, Network Connections) status is "connected", there is a lot of bytes sent to and from the Internet. It measures 16Mbytes of downloads per hour! Why/what is this Internet activity. It is worth noting that the count of bytes sent is approx 90% of the bytes received. I run WinXP Home, NOD32 V2, with Broadband modem/router. This problem occurred before and after XP SP2. I have Automatic Updates turned OFF. There are no viruses on the system and a run of Adaware and Spybot brought up no spyware on the system.
    I have done some testing to reveal that I beleive it is the nod32krn program that is causing the problems. Whenever I remove nod32krn from the running Processes list, the download count slows right down to a crawl. Has anyone experienced this problem or have a solution? My work around at this moment is to disconnect the Internet Gateway when I am not using the Net.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi,
    please send a log from Hijackthis (can be found on the Internet) to support@nod32.com along with a description of the issue. Anyway, the NOD32krn service cannot be stopped at all.

3. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

try starting in safe mode with network support. see if the problem still occurs.

Try downloading a trial version of a packet tracer, see what those packets are doing? If your gateway is Redhat based i can help you there aswell. there is a command you can put that can monitor traffic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.