Excessive CPU usage on web browsers.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by The Red Moon, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

To be honest, I think Internet Explorer (Latest) is the lightest browser I've seen.

2. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

OK thanks for the update.

3. SirDrexl

SirDrexl Registered Member

I don't know if this would help, or even if Dragon has it, but Chrome by default will pre-load pages you might visit so they'll be ready when you click on the links. Try unchecking "predict network actions to improve page performance" in the content settings if it's there.

4. moontan

moontan Registered Member

CPUs will spike if you are not using a way to control javascripts.

i've seen some websites running so many javascripts, cross site scriptings and whatnot that the computer would freeze for a few seconds.

this was confirmed not only by me but a few Wilders members using different browsers.

5. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    You can try Minimem.

Minimem is a memory optimization tools that allows you running modern applications on not-so-modern computers that are RAM-limited. You just choose which programs to optimize and how to do so, and Minimem takes care of the rest, running silently in your tray bar.

http://main.kerkia.com/Tools/Minimem/description.aspx

6. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

When I use IE 10/9 with my normal mix of 9 tabs, I see a lot of periodic spikes and both high CPU and high memory usage. Now I am using Firefox with the Disconnect extension as default, and the situation is quite different. Few spikes, less CPU use.

I use Windows 7 and don´t control javascripts in any way.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.