ewidoctrl.exe conflict installing free version of AVG 8.0.0.1

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by lcfrex, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lcfrex

lcfrex Registered Member

hi all, I'm new to all this but i really need some, I'm sorry if this question has already been asked and answered but I can't find it anywhere if it has. My hubby has been trying to install the free version of AVG anti virus 8.0.0.1 and was told that ewido was conflicting with it. He uninstalled ewido and tried again only to get the same message. When we searched we found a folder which contained a file called ewidoctrl.exe. We tried to delete the file but get an error message saying "cannot delete ewidoctrl: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use" The programme definitely isn't running, (we already deleted it as i said) and we still get this conflict issue trying to install AVG. HELP!!!!!!!!!

2. lcfrex

lcfrex Registered Member

don't know quite what i did but i seem to have fixed the problem, but thanks for looking anyhow!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.