Ewido online scanner

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by roark37, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roark37

roark37 Registered Member

Is using the Ewido online scanner the same as scanning with the downloaded Ewido software? My understanding was that after 14 days the Ewido software becomes essentially an on demand scanner as it then no longer provides active protection like the paid version. If that is the case then after the 14 days is the online scanner and the software equivalent? I would think they would be. Or are there benefits of using one over the other?

Thank you.

roark

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I would say yes....as long as the actual ewido program and the online scanner have the latest .dat files.

The latest program database as of this post that I am aware of is#1884 with 332,500 threats recognized. The online scan as of now is showing 332,500 threats and the Temp folder where .dat files are stored for this scan reflect that also.

3. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

The main disadvantages of the online scanner are that you have to download the whole database each time you use it again and that there are less/no options.

4. .....

..... Registered Member

Is the scanning engine between online, micro and full version the same in terms of detection, unpacking and scanning ability?

5. OldRebel

OldRebel Registered Member

One disadvantage to just using the online scan: You cannot use it to scan in safe mode to eliminate really stubborn malware. There is a substantial advantage to having Ewido installed on your PC where it is available when you are not, or cannot get, online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.