ewido issues

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by tom772, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom772

tom772 Guest

hi all, ive asked questions and read alot on this forum about Ewido, so i decided to buy it. But i have some problems;

-when i try to start Ewido up it takes ages to display its interface

-There seems to be a error when i try and activate the guard

I just wondered has anyone else had these problems?

Even thou i have these problems i still like this proct, thanks for any advice - TOP SITE(Wilders)That is!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

It is a bit slow to start up because my understanding is that it will do a memory scan. When I do a reboot it is usually the last item on my taskbar to display. I have never noted any errors when starting up the guard though...hope this helps. Fish25 is one of Ewidos moderators here and he may have some insight... :cool:

3. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

When I do a reboot Ewido is always the first icon to show - it is pratically there before the task bar is!

With me the GUI is not slow to come up when I click the icon - even though there are a large number of sigs to load.

So we have to ask what system you are running and what is the nature of this 'error' when you start the Guard?

4. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

This got me thinking so I tried a reboot with my work laptop and at home desktop. Both have XP2 and with my laptop I get my row of DrWeb icons and processguard on the taskbar before Ewido. With my desktop I will always get Ewido first then comes NOD32 and then processguard. Different strokes for different softwares I guess... :eek:

5. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

hey,

I am running a AMD 3500 - with Norton 05 - every time Ewido starts up i get a brief error message about Ewido gaurd not starting, then i click ok and it then i have to manually turn the guard on.

6. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

That is odd Tom, when you say you have to manually turn the Guard on do you mean from the sys tray icon? If so you could try looking at the setting on the main GUI, under 'Additional', and ensure the Guard is configured to be 'on' there.

Otherwise we will have to wait for fish's suggestions!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.