Ewido giving black screen

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Rilla927, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Hi folks,

In the last three days I done numerous scans v3.5 and most of the time I get a black screen and the computer will shut off. It has done it in safe mode also.

Has anyone else has this problem?

Thanks

Rilla927

2. Rilla927

No one has a reply!

3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I for one never had it Happen to me. But there seems to be a draw on you resorces that ewido can over load your computer, I would start by looking in hardware manager for conflicts. Then in Windows Task manager/processes to see what process is drawing a excessive amount of ram, it could even be a bad stick of ram. Or the power supply.

4. steveke

steveke Registered Member

It has not happened to me either-but I have seen this at other forums with other anti-malware-every time it has turned out to be a laptop and cleaning the fan path worked.

I do not know if this is happening on a laptop of yours-but if it is a vacuming of the fan exhaust area seems to do the job.

5. Rilla927

Hi Carver,

well it has been uninstalled for a bit now. I don't remember what the resources were but they weren't bad or else I would have taken it off. I never thought of looking at the hardware manger for conflicts, that's a good idea, thanks.

I know it's not the ram because this has only happened with Ewido on my desktop and the laptop both. Other than that I have never had this happen before. Since I've uninstalled it, no problems.

6. Rilla927

Hi Steveke,

I kind of figured it has happened to others. It has been happening on my desktop and laptop. Since I uninstalled it I have no problems.

It's funny you mention the fan being vaccumed, it was just serviced a few months ago and they vaccumed it out at Comp USA. I wonder..... do you have to open the laptop up to vaccum it or do they do it from outside. That may sound dumb but I don't have a clue. I did see a nice little vaccum specifically for your computer at Belkin.

7. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Rilla927 a friend of mine at another forum had a problem with his computer when ever he played any video game, the video game would lockup after 3 or 4 min. He traced it down to dust clogged fans.

8. Rilla927

Clogged fans will due funny things to a computer. I looked underneath the laptop and I never noticed there is a cover that unscrews and comes off so you can vaccum it. I can see some dust but I can't really tell how much is there. I guess I'll find out when I take the cover off:doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.