Ewido for windows vista?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware beta forum' started by crit1cal, Jun 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crit1cal

crit1cal Registered Member

hi guys just wondering if your planinng on doing anything for ewido and windows vista, as its now been made available for public download? i know 3.5 worked in early vista 5308 days but im not to sure about it working on the new beta2 :)

2. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

I do not 'know' the answer, but I am pretty sure the new Ewido 4 will be ready the next big Microsoft OS.

3. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Just searched the forum and astonished to find that no one has ever asked if Ewido 4 final will support 64-bit windows. If I could remember, neither Peter, Vinzenz, or Karl have mentioned about 64-bit support on the 4.0 beta.

4. crit1cal

crit1cal Registered Member

vista is the next big OS lol do u mean by the time they release it in "january" cought cough lol and also 4.0 doesnt work on the current beta2 (build 5384.4) and as far as i know thereyll be no more major changes in the OS between now and january, just bug fixes ;)

5. southernlady

southernlady Registered Member

Well, the download of ewido 4 I just got (build 4.0.0.172b) is NOT compatible with Windows Vista cause I JUST tried to install it on the laptop I am typing this from. It's the Beta 2, Build 5384 and it just will NOT work on it. ASquared works just fine, thankfully. Cause even Trend Micro is being a pill tonight and will not update, says I am not connected to the interent (I am or I wouldn't be typing this, LOL).

But Vista is coming and Ewido will be left out in the cold if they do NOT do something. Liz

6. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

There MAY be an ewido 4.1 or 4.5 beta some time later for x64 and Vista, and maybe they are already working on 64-bit drivers in alpha stage. But testing for x64 may not be as easy as for 32 bits, as many users are still using 32-bit CPU and Windows.

7. southernlady

southernlady Registered Member

While that may be true, the copy of Vista I was using was the 32 bit version. Not the 64 bit version. My laptop wasn't designed for 64 bit capability, it's a sempron. Liz

8. cr1t1cal

cr1t1cal Registered Member

well it doesnt work on 5472.5 either, ill give it a shoot on rc1 when it gets released :) id love to have ewido on my vista setup, as for trend micro i had alot of trouble wit there beta version antiv virus software they released for windows and instead i opted for e-trusts free 1 year subscrition :)

- ps admin can u cancel my other ccount :) the typo in my name was doing my nut in :) thanks

9. cr1t1cal

cr1t1cal Registered Member

well it seems ewido is now supported in vista through the improved compatability mode :) wooohooo i can now ue my fave anti-malware programe once again ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.