Ewido deleted my windows installer files.

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Peep!, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peep!

Peep! Guest

Yeah... Not to be rude or anything, I find Ewido to be great and all, and I know this is most likely because of my system and all, but did Ewido have to delete my installer files?

I recently bought (paid for) Savage: The Battle for Newerth.

As you can see, I wait for the price of games to go down before buying. I'm not very affluent, I don't even have a job yet (I'm a minor.) Hence why I can't afford another windows CD to replace these missing files.

Now, Ewido has caused me nothing but grief. My computer was fine. I visited this forum because it helped me get rid of a java.byteverify virus or something like that. I am eternally grateful for that. But this is insane.

I'm missing a buttload of system files due to an overzealous program, and after running through the 200 things it deleted serveral times, I cannot seem to find any Windows files.

I have come across one thing it said was "Downloader.Agent.ac", and it is C:/setup.304.

I've restored it, and it still doesn't work. Any help on where I could restore my missing system files would be greatly appreciated.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/Spykill/installer.jpg

2. kkkkkkkkk

kkkkkkkkk Guest

I dont think Ewido deleted Windows files! Maybe you have bad sectors...

All files deleted by ewido can be restored from quarantine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.