EWIDO/AD AWARE

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by carry, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carry

carry Registered Member

Hi ,Just new in this forum,want to know which differ between ewido and ad-aware?Is it necessary to have the two on pc?
    THANKS -CARRY-

2. rafael

rafael Registered Member

I have several anti-spyware programs ( ad-aware, spybot search and destroy, spyware blaster, winpatrol and ewido) in my computer but only one is setup for real time protection. Others are being used on demand just to give a second or third opinion. This group seems to be giving me good protection in addition to using common sense in visiting unknown websites.

I would assume you are also using an anti-virus and a firewall.

Last edited: May 20, 2006
  3. carry

carry Registered Member

Thank you for reply Rafael,of course I'm using an antivirus and a firewall too.So you mean to have more than one antispy is more secure even they do the same job ?
    carry-

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Ad-Aware is an anti-spyware. It is designed to detect and remove spyware.

Ewido is an anti-trojan. It is designed to detect and remove trojans. It also can detect and remove spyware.

It is perfectly acceptable and recommended to have more than 1 anti-spyware program on your system. No single program can detect or remove 100% of spyware. Having a "layered" setup is definitely better than a single app.

HTH :)

5. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Just an FYI (per webopedia.com)

Spyware: Any software that covertly gathers user information through the user's Internet connection without his or her knowledge, usually for advertising purposes. Once installed, the spyware monitors user activity on the Internet and transmits that information in the background to someone else. Spyware can also gather information about e-mail addresses and even passwords and credit card numbers.

Trojan: A destructive program that masquerades as a benign application. Unlike viruses, Trojan horses do not replicate themselves but they can be just as destructive. One of the most insidious types of Trojan horse is a program that claims to rid your computer of viruses but instead introduces viruses onto your computer.

6. carry

carry Registered Member

:) Thanks for enlightments ,Capp-!

One more quest :when I download ewido from the site,do I turn off something or not?
    carry-

7. Capp

Capp Registered Member

My pleasure. :D

You don't have to disable anything. If you just click on the free download, You will have real-time protection for a limited time. You can turn off the real-time protection and use it as just an on-demand scanner if you choose. This feature will not expire and you can use it freely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.